The Strip offers many fine cocktail lounges where grieving persons may drown their sorrows.”— Securitron
The cocktail lounge is a circular lounge with a bar, apparently near the top of the Lucky 38's tower, just under the Lucky 38 penthouse. The lounge contains one of the eleven collectible snow globes and some miscellaneous loot. The windows provide a limited view of the Mojave Wasteland.
- Snow globe - Test Site, behind a cash register behind the bar.
- In a small average locked floor safe (behind the bar, at the end of the first section after turning left from the elevator 6 o'clock compared to elevator at 12 o'clock): 1 Plasma Defender in nearly perfect condition and 1 Stealth Boy.
- In a Hard locked briefcase (on a table near the windows - 2 o'clock compared to elevator at 12 o'clock): 1 silenced .22 pistol, 64 .22LR rounds, 3 C-4 plastic explosives, 1 detonator, and 1 ¡La Fantoma!.
- The slot machines here are not usable.
- Despite being advertised as revolving on the sign outside, the lounge does not actually revolve, though this is probably due to post-war decay and/or a lack of available power to spare from the Lucky 38 reactors.
- The cocktail lounge is in the same worldspace as the penthouse, so all the non-player characters that are in the penthouse will show up on the compass as friendlies.
- As with the Lucky 38 penthouse, companions are not allowed into the cocktail lounge. If the cocktail lounge is entered, companions remain behind on the floor as though left in "wait here" mode. They must be returned to and select "follow me" from the Companion wheel to get them to follow again.
- The cocktail lounge is not accessible if Mr. House is killed before talking to him.
- The cocktail lounge is loosely based on the Top of the World restaurant in the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas.
Lucky 38 cocktail lounge only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.