| ||For the Nuka-World character, see Lucky (Nuka-World).|
Lucky is a unique version of the standard .357 Magnum revolver. In comparison to the normal .357 Magnum, it deals more damage and has a higher fire-rate and Critical Chance. The barrel, frame and cylinder are made of a smooth black metal decorated with ornate gold etchings, and the polished ivory handle is inlaid with the clubs symbol. The word "Lucky" is engraved on the silver plate on the ejector tube.
Like most unique weapons, weapon modifications cannot be used on Lucky. However, it comes with the long barrel modification already added. Furthermore, it is considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed and taken into weapon-free locations as long as your Sneak skill is 50 or greater.
Lucky can fire a total of about 1120 standard rounds, the equivalent of 187 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & JFP||1120||187|
- .357 Magnum revolver - The standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Police pistol Dead Money - A smaller revolver that can be repaired with .357 Magnum revolvers.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|.357 Magnum revolver||26||45.5||1.75||x1||26||26||1||0.5||6||995||2||110||55||0||3|
|.357 Magnum revolver With all weapon mods attached||29||50.8||1.75||x1||26||26||1.1||0.5||6||1495||2||810||405||0||3|
|Police pistol fnvdm||30||60||2||x1||45||19||1.6||0.5||6||1120||3||1000||333.3||0||4|
Lucky is found in a locked floor safe (Lockpick 75) inside the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm. Enter the hotel through the main front entrance and proceed through the doorway ahead. Follow the corridor and enter the gift shop on the left. The safe is behind the cash register.
- The Collector's Edition guide of the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide lists the weapon as being obtainable in the Vikki and Vance Casino floor safe, but in the game it is in a floor safe in the Bison Steve Hotel.
- Lucky and That Gun have the second highest potential critical hit chance of all one handed Guns, behind the silenced .22 pistol.
- Lucky can be seen on the cover of the Fallout: New Vegas game guide.
- Along with several other items, there is a version of Lucky located within the test cell TestMap01.
Behind the scenesEdit
- pc ps3 When player is reloading while running, the character may be stuck in glitchy animation after reloading completed for a few seconds or until aiming or firing to return back to normal animation. [verified]
- xbox360 pc ps3 Giving Lucky to Cass or Raul causes a regular .357 model to be displayed on their persons, but giving Lucky to Veronica shows the correct texture of the revolver. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have Lucky equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching weapons and then back again. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 Using Lucky in V.A.T.S. may result in your character doing nothing for ~10–20 seconds, leaving you exposed to enemy attacks and unable to do anything during that time. It may be due to reloading and going into V.A.T.S. at the same time. [verified]
- xbox360 ps3 When reloading in 3rd person view,the loading gate (the little piece you flip open to load the rounds) can become stuck open. This is simply fixed by firing or holstering and redrawing the gun. [verified]