The house is protected with an Average lock on the door. The lock can be picked or unlocked with the key, which is in the possession of Lucas Simms. Picking the lock is not an easy task for beginning burglars, especially since the door is in Stockholm's field of view, requiring fairly high Sneak skill, especially during the day. The good alternative is to simply complete The Power of the Atom by disarming the bomb. Simms will then feel comfortable enough with the player's presence to leave his door unlocked from that point on. If you choose to blow up Megaton you will remove the possibility of getting the Bobblehead - Strength. The inside of the house has the same arrangement of rooms as the player's Megaton house.
Turn around at the top of the stairs and you will see a green patch. Above it is a "Hatch to Megaton." You can climb out and walk onto the airplane wreck for a wonderful view of Megaton as a whole, as well as a pretty good sniper position. This hatch is always unlocked and is another potential means of entry to acquire the bobblehead, if you can manage to get to it.
- Bobblehead - Strength on the desk in Lucas' bedroom on the second floor (turn left at the top of the stairs).
- You must collect the Strength Bobblehead from Lucas Simms' house before the destruction of Megaton, or you will have no way to obtaining it in the future (without using the console commands).
- There is a whiskey bottle cleverly hidden in Harden Simms' room.
- The Lucas Simms' house door will not always be unlocked after disarming the bomb; in this case the player can wait until he turns in for the night and follow him in to his home.
- If you attempt to pick the lock to Lucas Simms' house you may be spotted by Stockholm, the sniper above Megaton's entrance. This will result in all the town's armed occupants becoming hostile towards the player for at least 3 days.
- There is an unlocked trapdoor on top of Lucas Simms' house, which can be accessed from inside his house, that leads up to a chunk of airplane fuselage that has an excellent scenic view, or a great sniping point, depending on your inclination. The roof drops down slightly on the west side, and you can get there by standing on an empty barrel.
- If caught stealing inside The Simms' house by the sheriff's son, Harden, he will first verbally challenge you to leave. However, if you quickly leave there, will be no Karma loss or community hostility.
Lucas Simms' house appears only in Fallout 3.