After spending some quality time with your special someone, you feel completely relaxed and ready for anything! +15% XP earned for a limited time.”
Lover's Embrace is a temporary perk that grants the player character a +15% experience boost for 12 hours, after sleeping any amount of time in an unowned bed with a companion, with whom the player has a romantic relationship in Fallout 4.
Lover's Embrace replaces the Well Rested perk. When sleeping, the Sole Survivor will obtain one or the other, but not both. If the player character already has the Lover's Embrace perk and attempts to sleep away from their companion, they still will not obtain the Well Rested perk.
- Fast-traveling jumps the in-game time forward by an amount that depends on the distance traveled, up to a little over 14 hours from the farthest corners, which would negate the Lover's Embrace bonus. However, sleeping with your partner somewhere safe and near your actual target before setting out is advised if you want to get the maximum amount of experience out of your adventures, as shorter distance fast travels take only several hours of game time.
- The Sole Survivor can mitigate the traveling time by using the Institute as a jumping platform as it only takes 1-game-minute to teleport to and from the Institute.
- pc Reducing the game timescale using console commands reduces fast travel time as well as game time.
- The Sole Survivor's companion does not have to be traveling with them at the time to gain the effect, they only have to be within a certain distance of the player character.
- Make sure to apply the effect before handing in the final task of a quest to a quest giver. Most quests reward a significant amount of XP, making a +15% bonus all the more valuable for next to no effort involved.
- Sleeping again before the effect has run out will not cancel the effect.
- The player character's companion will usually comment on the night's rest upon awaking. Sometimes talking about how late they slept, even if they only slept for an hour and woke up before dawn.
- It is possible to sleep for zero hours by canceling the sleep as soon as the background goes black, and before any time counts down. The bonus is still received.
- It is possible to receive two copies of the Lover's Embrace perk simultaneously, if two romantic companions are present; however, this appears unintentional and does not happen every time. After the 12 hour period where both should wear off, the perk can bug, leaving one on the player character permanently, but without any actual benefit, preventing any rested bonus going forward. [platforms tag needed][verification overdue]
- pc Sometimes both the Lover's Embrace and the Well Rested bonus are given, adding up to a total of +25% experience while they last. Once the 12 hours are over, both perks expire with no known side effects. [verified]