Lorenzo was born in 1835. He is the father of Jack and Emogene Cabot. By 1894, he was 59 when he went on an expedition to Arabia in search of the fabled lost city of Ubar. Lorenzo eventually found a ruined city that he believed to be Ubar and discovered an alien artifact that granted him inhuman abilities, including unnaturally long life and telekinesis. However, this came with the cost of losing his sanity. Believing that there is still more to the city, Lorenzo had the city buried to protect its existence until a time that he is ready to return and uncover its remaining secrets.
Following his return to Boston in 1898, Lorenzo, now aged 63, was institutionalized for life at the Parsons State Insane Asylum by order of his family in order to protect himself and his children from harm.
Jack devoted his life to studying the artifact and subsequently developing a serum derived from his father's blood that grants his family the ability to live for more than four hundred years. After two centuries since the Great War, Lorenzo is somehow contacted by a local raider gang who had received word about his powers and are seeking his essence - he promises to reveal his secret to immortality, in return for his freedom.
For now, the archaeologist and his dangerous artifact remain buried under tons of rock and stone. He and his crown are kept closely guarded by the hired security team, who pledged to their client to keep Lorenzo under lock and key, for his and his family's safety.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
In the events of The Secret of Cabot House, the Sole Survivor can kill Lorenzo in his cell or release him. If Lorenzo is released, he can still be killed. Lorenzo has a number of superhuman abilities, including unusually high health, innate damage resistance on par with a full suit of combat armor, and the ability to release short bursts of energy that can deflect grenades and push the player character away when in close proximity.
If the player character releases him, he proceeds to kill his family at their home and rewards the player character with an unlimited supply of his blood.
- After finishing The Secret of Cabot House by siding with Lorenzo one may run into him at one of several random encounter locations. He examines some dead ghoul settlers and tells the player character that he killed them to study their condition.
- His very high age, over 400, makes Lorenzo the oldest person in the game, being older than the Sole Survivor, Robert House, Shaun and every other ghoul in the game. This also makes him the third or second oldest living character in the Fallout universe, behind Toshiro Kago and possibly Paulson respectively, as well as the undisputed oldest in years consciously alive.
Lorenzo Cabot appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Lorenzo's name, as well as the effects of his blood, would imply a tongue-in-cheek reference to the 1992 film Lorenzo's Oil. The inspiration for the film, Lorenzo Odone, suffered from adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD). His family researched and with assistance synthesized the eponymous Lorenzo's oil to treat their son, prolonging his life.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- ↑ Jack's office terminal
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Parsons State Insane Asylum terminal entries
- ↑ Lorenzo Cabot's journal
- ↑ Cabot House terminal entries
- ↑ Fallout 4 side quest The Secret of Cabot House.
- ↑ Dialogue with Jack Cabot in Fallout 4: " My father is... confined in Parsons. For his own safety and everyone else's."