Fallout: New Vegas locations project
| ||For the location in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road, see Long 15.|
Caravan is not played in casinos, but is very popular among caravan guards and other frequent travelers on the Long 15.”— Fallout: New Vegas loading screen
The I-15 or Interstate 15 (or on some occasion called Long 15) is a freeway in the Mojave Wasteland. It used to serve vacationers and commuters alike before the Great War. By 2281, the New California Republic has vowed to protect it from creatures and criminals.
Two major routes lead into the city of New Vegas from the south: Interstate 15 and Highway 95.”— Fallout: New Vegas loading screen
The New California Republic (NCR) has jurisdiction over the highway. It leads to many towns and settlements in the Mojave Wasteland. It connects New Vegas to the territories of the NCR and is a major trade route for caravans. It starts at Dayglow in California and enters Nevada going through the Mojave outpost, Primm and Sloan until it finally hits New Vegas. Once past New Vegas it becomes an elevated highway (mostly destroyed) that travels east then north on the western edge of Nellis Air Force Base before heading northeast into Arizona and Utah. The interstate comes close to Zion National Park and goes through Salt Lake City (New Jerusalem) and Ogden (New Canaan). It then continues on through Idaho and Montana and becomes Alberta Highway 4 upon crossing into Canada.
- Travelers along the Long 15 have complained to NCR rangers that caravans have been harassed and attacked by fearsome Super Mutants living in the irradiated ruins of Black Mountain.
- Depending on the player's level, Powder Gangers of varying strength will spawn around the NCR Correctional Facility.
- Even though the NCR protects I-15, Highway 95 is a much safer route to take to get to New Vegas due to deathclaws and other deadly creatures which roam around the town of Sloan.
- If you kill the deathclaws from the I-15, they will never respawn again.
- At the ending cutscenes, if you have convinced the Brotherhood of Steel to create a truce with the NCR, they assist the NCR in patrolling I-15.
- I-15 is also the main trade route headed back to the NCR, and the Hub (built on the ruins of Barstow) is situated on the highway after it exits the Mojave.
I-15 appears only in Fallout: New Vegas