| ||For the entire Interstate 15 that appears in Fallout: New Vegas, see I-15.|
The Long 15 is a location in California. It is part of the pre-War Interstate 15, and is used by the New California Republic as a minor military base and a checkpoint for travelers heading to the Mojave Wasteland.
The wreckage of the destruction caused by the nuclear warheads launched at the end of The Apocalypse, the area is populated with irradiated heavy troopers and glowing ones, along with their former commanding officer; Colonel Royez, who is also in a ghoulified state. The camp consists of a small firing range, numerous ruined buildings, and several crashed Vertibirds, along with a small amount of high tech gun cases along the road to the northwest. Ammunition boxes and NCR weapons are littered around the area.
- Scorched Sierra power armor - worn by Colonel Royez.
- Great Bear grenade rifle - in a gun case near Colonel Royez.
- NCR Ranger combat armor - On a dead Ranger in front of a destroyed truck directly in front of the entrance, and a second (also on a dead Ranger) under the collapsed overpass section with a tent frame under it that is a little further down the road than the first set of armor.
- Unlike every other non-base map location introduced through add-ons, companions can travel to Dry Wells and the Long 15 with the player character.
- Although the mushroom cloud seen at the end of The Apocalypse appears to be over the Mojave Outpost, the outpost is undamaged.
- The Vertibirds seen crashed around the area bear Enclave markings from Navarro, as seen in the Remnants bunker, instead of the NCR markings of President Kimball's vertibird.
- NCR infamy will not be received for killing the irradiated NCR heavy troopers found in the area, or for killing Colonel Royez.
- If the Explorer perk was chosen before starting Lonesome Road or after completing it, the location will still appear on the map, as well as Dry Wells.
- It can be very challenging to kill the irradiated heavy troopers, as their health recovers very rapidly from the radiation.
- The crater in the center of the blast zone emits 5-6 rads/sec.
- The monument for the Ranger Unification Treaty can be seen in the direction of the Mojave Outpost.
- It is possible to get out of the map by jumping as far as possible into the crater and saving before hitting the bottom.
- Many corpses dressed in NCR Ranger combat armor and NCR salvaged power armor are labeled as "NCR troopers" and hold service rifles and ammunition.
- On the other side of the back end of the zone (behind and underneath the jutting wall of ruined buildings), there is a destroyed red rocket children's playset, a teddy bear, a toy car, a wooden block (which says it can be taken, but activating it does nothing), and two child sized skeletons. This area is not visible and cannot be reached without using console commands, and half of the area is inside the instant death zone as well.
- ps3 Sometimes with Rex as a companion, when going around the slanted road, he will go outside the map and will be irretrievable. This can be fixed by going into the dismissal terminal, either Gun Runners or the Lucky 38, and dismissing all companions, and then retrieving him from the King again. Fast travelling may also work.[verified]