No one's going to put you out to pasture 'cause you're going to stay young (and level 30) forever! You'll never again become addicted to chems, and they'll last twice as long... but after 30 you can kiss experience, perks, and skill points goodbye!”— Fallout: New Vegas description
Chems last twice as long and you never become addicted, but your character level will be capped at 30.
- Same as Chemist and Day Tripper, this trait is not limited to chems and affects all consumables' duration, including magazines, food, Stealth Boys, purified water, etc.
- Since most creatures and non-player character's level with the player, this trait effectively locks the Courier, the Mojave Wasteland and all add-ons at level 30 as well. The increased health, skills and perks provided by later levels are entirely optional, they are by no means required in order to beat the game or its add-ons.
- Some chems are bugged depending on installed patches, if the player becomes addicted there is no way of removing said addiction. This trait would effectively prevent such bugs from impacting the player.
- This trait is the only way to gain addiction immunity (perks that reduce addiction chances are multiplicative, not additive).
- It is possible swap for this trait in the Sink Auto-Doc when above level 30, despite the trait's penalty.
Behind the scenes
- This trait is a reference to the 1976 science fiction film Logan's Run based on the 1967 novel of the same name. Citizens in the movie are executed by the "sandmen" after becoming 30 years of age, hence the level 30 cap of this perk. However in the original novel the legal age limit was 21, not 30.