No one's going to put you out to pasture 'cause you're going to stay young (and level 30) forever! You'll never again become addicted to chems, and they'll last twice as long... but after 30 you can kiss experience, perks, and skill points goodbye!”— Fallout: New Vegas description
Chems last twice as long and you never become addicted, but your character level will be capped at 30.
- Just as with Chemist and Day Tripper, this trait is not limited to chems and affects all consumables' duration, including magazines, food, Stealth Boys, purified water, etc.
- Since most creatures and non-player characters level with the player character, this trait effectively locks the Courier, the Mojave Wasteland and all add-ons at level 30 as well. The increased health, skills and perks provided by later levels are entirely optional; they are by no means required in order to beat the game or its add-ons.
- Some chems are bugged depending on installed patches; after addiction, there is no way of removing said addiction. This trait effectively removes the impact of such bugs.
- This trait is the only way to gain addiction immunity, as perks that reduce addiction chances are multiplicative, not additive.
- The Courier can take advantage of this trait and later re-spec it when prompted by leaving the Goodsprings area for the first time or by using the "psychological evaluation" function of the Sink Auto-Doc.
Behind the scenesEdit
This trait is a reference to the 1976 science fiction film Logan's Run, based on the 1967 novel of the same name. Citizens in the film are executed after becoming 30 years of age, hence the level cap 30 of this perk. However, it is interesting to note that in the original novel this age limit was 21, not 30.