|Far Harbor side quest: Living on the Edge|
|Help the citizens of Far Harbor.|
|(Optional) Help Captain Avery.||(Optional) Help the Mariner.||(Optional) Help Cassie Dalton.|
|Leads to: Safe Passage||Leads to: Hull Breach||Leads to: Blood Tide|
|Complete 2 quests.|
|Talk with Teddy Wright.|
|Reward: 400 XP|
|Leads to: Rite of Passage|
Living on the Edge is the first of two overarching Harbormen quests. It has no actual target itself, but serves as a checklist for a number of different Far Harbor side quests instead.
- Blood Tide which consists of helping Cassie Dalton taking her revenge on the island.
- Hull Breach which consists of helping the Mariner repairing the hull protecting Far Harbor.
- Safe Passage which consists of helping Captain Avery restoring the fog condensers around Far Harbor.
Finishing any of these quests also marks the respective optional task of Living on the Edge as complete. Once two optional tasks are completed, Living on the Edge will be considered finished as well and Teddy Wright will ask the player character to complete the island's ancient Rite of Passage to become accepted by the locals.
Sometime after completing the first quest for the town, Teddy Wright will continuously talk with you saying nothing but "You are a curious specimen". This can be fixed in a couple of ways:[verification overdue][platforms tag needed]
- Having Old Longfellow as your companion is typically what fixes it due to his involvement with the conversation.
- Reloading a save.
- Leaving Far Harbor (location) and then returning.
- Sleeping in a bed.
- Reloading the game.