The bonuses this perk adds are different from the base critical chance modification granted by other perks like Finesse. While Finesse increases your base critical chance, Light Touch merely adds a flat modifier of 5% to the player and a flat 25% penalty to enemies. A modifier is different from base critical chance modification, because it ignores the weapon's critical multiplier, so if the player is wielding a weapon with 5x critical multiplier, the bonus added by this perk will still be only 5%. However, it is also not divided by an automatic weapon's fire rate as normal critical chance is. Light Touch will always add exactly 5% critical chance regardless of whatever weapon you are using.
To calculate the overall critical chance, multiply your base critical chance by the weapon's critical multiplier and ADD a flat bonus of 5% granted by Light Touch (as well as another 5% bonus granted by V.A.T.S. if you are using V.A.T.S.).
The same applies to the enemy critical chance penalty. An enemy with 15% base critical chance wielding a weapon with 2x critical multiplier will have an overall critical chance of 30%. After subtracting 25% for Light Touch, the enemy still has 5% chance to score a critical on the target.
- This perk works even when wearing no armor at all.
- In the perk icon, Vault Boy is wearing leather armor.
- This perk synergizes extremely well with Finesse, Ulysses' duster/Joshua Graham's armor, 1st Recon beret, 10 Luck, and a high critical chance weapons such as Lucky, resulting in a very high critical hit ratio.
- If your character plans on using mostly light armor in the game, Travel Light and Tunnel Runner goes well with this perk.
- pc xbox360 ps3 When making a new character and taking this perk or any other added by the Dead Money DLC and leaving Goodsprings and rebuilding your character, the process does not remove any Dead Money perks. [verified]