Unless you're blind as a bat, I'm sure that you've noticed that we've been building a gantry on the tarmac. Maxson and Kells have been looking for something that'll tip the balance when we go toe to toe with the Institute. Now the Prydwen might be a big beast, but she's not built for fighting. That's where our new project comes in.”— Ingram
|Brotherhood of Steel main quest: Liberty Reprimed|
|Speak to Proctor Ingram.|
|Follow Proctor Ingram.|
|Speak to Professor Scara.|
|Search for Professor Scara OR Speak to Doctor Li.|
|Speak to Proctor Ingram.|
|Locate a high-powered magnet.|
|Construct electromagnetic actuators (4).|
|Speak to Proctor Ingram.|
|Speak to Scribe Haylen.|
|Locate the bomb storage facility.|
|Locate the Mark 28 stockpile.|
|Activate the distress pulser.|
|Speak to Paladin Danse.|
|Return to Proctor Ingram.|
|Activate Liberty Prime.|
|Speak to Proctor Ingram.|
|Reward: 600 XP|
T-60 medic pump
|Leads to: A Loose End|
After the successful completion of both From Within and Outside the Wire, the Sole Survivor will be told by Elder Maxson to speak to Ingram at Boston Airport to work on a secret project. Meet Ingram at the airport and she will lead them to a sealed area of the depot where the remains of Liberty Prime are stored - the Brotherhood war machine that was destroyed by the Enclave ten years ago. She mentions the difficulty the Brotherhood has getting it back on to its feet, and that they need the help of a scientist skilled in power systems.
Convince Dr Li to work on Liberty PrimeEdit
If one has successfully completed From Within for Elder Maxson by convincing Madison Li to leave the Institute and work again for the Brotherhood, Ingram will let the player character know that she is reluctant to help on Liberty Prime, and ask them to convince her.
Return to the Prydwen and talk to Li. She will make it clear that she does not wish to work on Prime and "make the same mistake twice." Despite her reservations, all speech paths ultimately lead to her helping. Return to Ingram to continue the mission.
Find Professor ScaraEdit
If one hasn't been able to recruit Li for the Brotherhood by becoming enemies with the Institute before the quest, Ingram will tell the Sole Survivor about a scientist proficient in robotics by the name of Professor Scara, who resides in Diamond City, and ask them to convince her to work for the Brotherhood. She will give the player character a piece of technology to help convince Scara.
Head for the Science! Center in Diamond City, where Scara resides. However, one will only encounter Duff, her partner. By looking at Scara's terminal (Hacker rank 3 required) or by talking to Duff about it, one will discover that Scara headed for the General Atomics Galleria.
Head for the Galleria, a place inhabited by non-hostile Mister Handies and Mister Gutsies. Scara is found in the Back Alley Bowling building. However, one will not be allowed access to the bowling alley without turning the robots hostile if they don't trigger the grand reopening.
To trigger the reopening, go up the director's office. When one goes up to the director's office they will have several options to interact with him, they will all end in the director demanding that the player character identify themself.
Several options involve passing speech checks. It is also possible to acquire a General Atomics ID card from the General Atomics factory which will allow the player character to identify themself without a speech check. If the player character succeeds any of the speech checks or presents the ID, they can reopen the galleria and get the grand prize for the reopening raffle. If one does attempt a speech check (difficulty not dependent on Charisma), and fail, the director will become hostile along with all the other robots at the facility.
Alternatively, if the director has been destroyed the player character can use a password saved in the supervisor's terminal to access the computer in the director's office, however the terminal's functions are disabled as long as the director is still functional. The terminal will provide the player character with the options to start the grand reopening, shutdown all robots or initiate a self-destruct sequence in all of the robots. Updating the director's firmware on their computer (reopening the galleria) will immediately end the hostility of all the remaining Mr. Handies.
Once the reopening has been triggered, return to Back Alley Bowling. The Mister Handy at the counter will let the player character know that they are allowed to visit the area. In Back Alley Bowling, one will find Scara. To convince her to work for the Brotherhood, the player character will need to either give her Ingram's piece of technology, or pass one of three easy speech checks. Once Scara is hired, return to Ingram.
Construct electromagnetic actuatorsEdit
Once the Sole Survivor returns to the airport, Li/Scara will tell them that in order to fix Prime's arms and legs they will need to make electromagnetic actuators. For that, the Sole Survivor will need to find high-powered magnets. They are a relatively rare item, but may be found in a few areas or bought from certain traders. The quest log will point towards a building (usually the Milton General Hospital) to find the magnets required for the work. Building the four actuators requires:
To help gather the materials, Ingram will tell the player character to search around the airport depot for scrap materials. Once the player character has found all required materials, go to the airport workbench and craft the four actuators by placing them on the ground. Return to Ingram once the actuators are ready.
Find the nukes for Liberty PrimeEdit
Ingram will tell the Sole Survivor that Prime is still missing one of its key components: nukes to use in combat. She will inform them that Proctor Quinlan found information about a pre-War bomb storage facility located somewhere within the Glowing Sea, which holds a storage of suitable Mark 28 nukes. Make preparations for the next assignment, then head for the northern part of the Glowing Sea, at Waypoint Echo, where one will meet Scribe Haylen. She will give the player character a distress pulser to use once they have found the nukes.
Head for the southeastern Glowing Sea where one will find the Sentinel site, which holds the nukes. The area is inhabited by a large population of feral ghouls, so be prepared to fight. To access the main area, one will need to use the Sentinel site blast door override holotape or use one of the terminals to cancel the launch order and access the facility. Head for the tunnels, where one will meet a large number of ghouls. At the end of the tunnel, one will see the blast door to the stockpile area. The door one can enter from is on the left, next to the broken terminal. This area is guarded by Brother Henri of the Church of the Children of Atom, who will ask the Sole Survivor the reason for their presence, stating that the area is "Atom's hallowed ground." One will need to pass a medium-difficulty speech check to convince him to give the player character the password to the computer that unlocks access to the nukes. If the Far Harbor add-on is installed and the player character has joined the Children of Atom, they can pass an easy speech check saying they are a Child of Atom from the church in the north. Otherwise, the player character will have to eliminate him. Henri himself isn't that much of a threat, but he is accompanied by an assaultron named Atom's Wrath that will attack the player character along with Henri. Loot the password from Henri's body, then use the terminal to unlock the storage area, where the player character will need to use the pulser. If Danse is the current companion, he will tell the player character that he will stay behind to ensure the nukes reach the airport safely. If Danse is not the current companion, then his affinity drops to zero.
Return to Ingram to inform her of the mission's success.
Activate Liberty PrimeEdit
After a short discussion with Ingram and Scara/Li, the player character will be allowed to push the button to finally power up Liberty Prime. After doing so, talk with Ingram and the mission completes. Ingram will give the player character a medical pump module for a T-60 armor. She will then state that Maxson would like to speak with the player character, which starts the next quest, Blind Betrayal.
- Curie likes successfully convincing Brother Henri to let the Sole Survivor take the bombs.
- Deacon will hate it activating Liberty Prime.
- Danse will be hidden by the game upon the player's departure from the Sentinel Site; however, he will still technically be in the last position in which the player character encountered him, just invisible. This means that any actions that would garner his approval (e.g. modding weapons) or disapproval (e.g. taking chems) taken in the vicinity will still alter his affinity.
- This quest can be completed before getting too deep into the Institute questline - more specifically, before advancing in the quest Mass Fusion. It is possible to start Mass Fusion but speaking with Allie Filmore renders one unable to progress any further in the Brotherhood questline until either Mass Fusion or Spoils of War is completed as Proctor Ingram will be locked to a dialogue tree related to those quests and one won't be able to turn in this quest to her.
- Therefore this stalls the faction storylines at a point where one must choose to have either the Institute or the Brotherhood become hostile. Siding with the Institute will block the mission Blind Betrayal and effectively remove Paladin Danse from the game as noted above.
- Alternatively, if one has started Mass Fusion but hasn't yet completed Shadow of Steel, they can still go through the BoS missions and be able talk to Proctor Ingram for Liberty Reprimed.
- ps4 xboxone Building electromagnetic actuators won't give credit towards 4/4 actuators built. Occasionally progress is rewarded but more often negative progress is observed (e.g. "-2/4 actuators built") Workaround discovered after several hours of testing- not an exact science, but I was able to finish this by repeatedly storing and then replacing a series of 21 actuators. [verified]
- pc xboxone Sometimes the section of gate that needs to disappear for Prime to march on the Institute remains in place after his activation, leaving him stuck in the airport courtyard aimlessly trying to find a way out. [verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone When you approach Madison Li, she may not say anything except "Whatever it is, it can wait". To fix this wait 20 seconds, and she will continue with her dialogue. [verified]
- pc xboxone After showing you Liberty Prime, Proctor Ingram might stay in Liberty Prime's room and refuse to speak to you again. [verified]
- xboxone pc ps4 When you are told to go to Medford Memorial Hospital, the high-powered magnet won't spawn in the steamer trunk it's supposed to be in. [verified]
- pc Sometimes it isn't possible to speak to Proctor Ingram in the first stage of this quest and no quest mark appears after accepting the quest. Ingram will keep talking about non-quest dialog. Setting the quest's stage to 10/first stage may solve the problem. [verified]