Explorers are Caesar's advance scouts. Typically equipped in light armor and carrying binoculars, they are the Legion's message runners and keen eyes across the Mojave.”— Loading screen
Follow me. Make any trouble, and you'll wind up on a cross - if you're lucky.”
Legion explorers are tasked with surveying the lay of the land ahead of the primary Legion fighting force. They are also used as messengers for relaying communications between Legion outposts. Explorers are lightly armored and equipped, as their role in the Legion involves observation and speed rather than pure combat. Their Legion explorer armor provides only very modest protection, and they carry only a machete, a few throwing spears, and occasionally a hunting rifle or cowboy repeater.
Multiple Legion Explorers can be found at Nelson and Cottonwood Cove, the Legion's two primary bases of operation west of the Colorado river. They can also be found at Caesar's stronghold, Fortification Hill.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
At Nelson, a Legion explorer is stationed at each of the four cardinal directions from the camp, and will confront the player if they approach, demanding to know what they are doing there. The player is given the option of either being escorted to Dead Sea, the local Legion commander, or resisting the explorer and turning the entire camp hostile.
Likewise, a handful of explorers can be found patrolling Cottonwood Cove, with one explorer stationed permanently at the entrance to the camp. The explorer will demand to know the player's business; the player can either pass a speech check claiming to be a trader, claim to be a friend of the Legion, or attack outright.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Legion explorer armor
|Hunting rifle or
|dead Legion ear|
- "If it isn't the courier who's done everything she can to defy the will of mighty Caesar!"
- "Follow me. Make any trouble, and you'll wind up on a cross - if you're lucky."
- "You wear the Mark of Caesar?! You must be who Cursor Lucullus is waiting for. You may continue, but be warned. Mark or no, we will not tolerate aggressive action by visitors in the camp."
Legion explorers only appear in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 After speaking with any of the Legion Explorers in Nelson, attempting to talk to them again will cause the screen to zoom in briefly, only to snap back to normal view without any dialog being spoken. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 The dialog option that allows the player to claim they are a "friend of the Legion" is meant to only be successful if the player does not have a negative reputation with Caesar's Legion, but due to a malformed condition the option is successful regardless of the player's reputation.