Legion recruit armor
Legion recruit armor is a common light armor, supplied to recruit legionaries and to recruit decanus units. Like most Legion armor, it is made from repurposed sports equipment, consisting of a football player's protective shoulder and chest pads reinforced with additional leather padding and worn over a baseball catcher's vest. It weighs 12 pounds and has a Damage Threshold of 6.
The recruit helmet is a brown leather cap worn with black protective goggles and the lower face is wrapped with a black and white paisley bandanna.
- Two dead Recruit legionaries lie on the road between Nelson and Novac, which can be looted for their armor.
- Can be looted from any dead Legion recruit. Also, at Legionary camps, they can be looted from the footlockers near their beds in the tents.
- Can be obtained from a corpse in a house in Nipton or from an ash pile in the nearby trailer park. The corpse in the Nipton House is surrounded by several traps including frag mines, a rigged shotgun and a cage of bark scorpions which is activated either by picking the lock on the cage or by a pressure plate leading to one of the bedrooms.
- The helmet is mostly found with the Legion recruit armor.
- This armor has a relatively weight-to-value ratio, allowing the Courier to quickly earn caps by repairing and selling them.
- This armor is the most common of Legion armor.
- With the Jury Rigging perk, this armor can be used to repair most other armor up to combat armor.
- Wearing the helmet does not count as faction armor.
- Most, if not all, Legion headgear has a visually unappealing clipping issue at the eyebrows. If the Courier has the "survivalist" style of beard, it may also clip through the face mask. [platforms tag needed] [verification overdue]