The Legion raid camp is a location serving as one of Caesar's Legion's forward assault camps in 2281. It is located northeast of Wolfhorn Ranch, midway between Walking Box Cavern and broc flower cave.
A small camp with two levels, there is a storage tent and two red tents on the upper level, each containing four bed rolls and two footlockers. On the lower level, there is one more tent, which may have a few Legionaries sleeping inside. Each level has a campfire, and in all there will be around 3-5 Legionaries residing at the camp. There are also two Powder Gangers being held hostage at the camp as part of the quest Booted.
Sometimes, it will be attacked by two or more night stalkers. The night stalkers may kill everyone in the camp, making the completion of Booted impossible.
- Booted: Help release the captive Powder Gangers.
- I Forgot to Remember to Forget: Freeing the Powder Gangers will reward +2 "history points" for Craig Boone's quest.
- The camp and the area around it is one of the few places where Legionaries respawn.
- There is usually a patrol of 2-4 Legionaries near the camp.
- NCR patrols sometimes travel near the raid camp, and will engage in firefights with the Legion patrols in the area.
- Taking items from footlockers results in negative Karma.
The Legion raid camp appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc xbox360 The area to the northwest of the Legion raid camp seems very heavily bugged. Sometimes Legion members or night stalkers freeze and become totally unresponsive there, while an NCR patrol (or companions) endlessly circle them, trying to finish them off. It is possible to dispose of such "frozen" non-player characters by the console "kill" command, but sometimes even this is ineffective. In this case, the console "resurrect" command may cause them to disappear. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 After killing the Legionaries, it has been known for Powder Gangers to freely walk into the camp, kneel down by the campfire, and all of a sudden, their hands become tied. There is no option to untie them. [verified]
- pc xbox360 Sometimes, when attacking the Legionaries, the Powder Gangers will stand up and run away. If the player character tries to talk to them, the message "Powder Ganger is fleeing," will appear. Reloading the game or fast traveling will solve the problem. [verified]
- xbox360 If Boxcars was killed in Nipton, the Powder Gangers will not be able to be untied. If they are killed, they will respawn in a few days.[verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes, when returning to the camp after untying the Powder Gangers, a Legionary may walk up to the campfire, and proceed to sit down with his hands in front as if he is tied up. [verified]