Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Side Quest: Left My Heart|
|Talk to Frank Weathers.|
|Head to Cottonwood Cove.|
|Purchase the ownership of the family from Canyon Runner.||Steal the key from Canyon Runner and pass an explosive check to free the family.||Kill the family.|
|Return to Frank Weathers.|
|Tell him his family's whereabouts.||Convince him with a speech check to reunite with his family.||Convince him with a speech check to commit suicide.|
|Reward: 1000 XP|
|Reward: 1000 XP|
|Reward: 1000 XP|
Note: How the player goes about completing this quest depends greatly on their reputation with Caesar's Legion and somewhat on their reputation with the NCR because of the locations this quest takes place in; disguises may be in order if the player wants to avoid conflict.
- To begin the quest, speak with Frank Weathers at Aerotech Office Park, who will give you a note, or travel to Cottonwood Cove and speak to Canyon Runner near the slave cage.
- For 300 caps, you can purchase the Weathers family from Canyon Runner. By passing a Speech check of 50 you can convince him that the family is infected with a terrible disease and he will sell them to you at a reduced price. Alternatively, the key to the Weathers' collars can be pickpocketed from Canyon Runner or looted from his corpse and the cage can be broken into.
- Enter the cage with the key and talk to any of the Weathers to set them free. If the player does not have the key or does not wish to use it to deactivate their collars, an Explosives check of 50 can be passed to do so. At the consequence of bad Karma, the player can also kill the Weathers or pass an Explosives check of 35 to set their collars to explode as they leave the cage.
- If the player allows the Weathers to live, they will express their gratitude and mention that they are headed to the Old Mormon Fort. If the player mentions that it is Frank who sent him or her to find them, they will explain that they were trying to escape Frank's abuse when they were captured by the slavers and do not wish to see him again.
- If the quest was given by Frank Weathers, the player is given the objective to report to him at Aerotech Office Park. Upon informing him that his family is alive or dead, the quest ends and he rewards the player 50 caps, though the dialogue continues. At this point, the player has three options which will determine whether he chooses to change his ways and reunite with his family or not.
- Passing one of two Speech checks of 35, the player can convince Frank to either clean up his act and reunite with his family or commit suicide, awarding good or bad Karma, respectively.
- Alternatively, the player can inform Frank of his family's whereabouts, but he will choose to not reunite with them since he is not allowed into the Old Mormon Fort and does not want to go into rehab.
- The XP rewarded if talked with Frank Weathers first is much higher than if you discovered the family by yourself while exploring the Wasteland. This could be explained because you need an Intelligence of 5 to engage in conversation about them.
- There is a truck perched on a precipice at Cottonwood overlook. If the door is opened, a large number of radioactive waste barrels tumble out - killing everyone below. If the slaves have not been freed by this stage, the quest will be failed. Also, you must give the Weathers time to escape the camp before opening the door or they may die also.
- Upon completion of this quest, the Weathers can be found at the Old Mormon Fort huddled in a small group, straight ahead past the "guards desk" as you enter. Oddly enough, they will stand in place and won't move from their location for the rest of the game.
- If you attempt this quest after you complete Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, you will be unable to advance the dialog with Canyon Runner until you accept Caesar's first task in Render Unto Caesar. He will only tell you to go to the dock to take the ferry.
- If you reach Cottonwood and set the family free before talking to Frank, the quest is still completed, but upon meeting Frank, you will be unable to open a dialog with him, and therefore cannot succeed at any of his Speech checks.
- If you follow the slaves when they are freed they will go to a ranger outpost (or try). Kenny will enter the building, but if followed he won't be inside.
- Strangely, you will find the Weathers at the Old Mormon Fort, but the Old Mormon Fort is in Freeside, (on the other side of the map), which, for this harmless and unarmed family will be difficult to get to considering the dangers of the wasteland.
- If you have a negative or mixed Reputation with the NCR (e.g. Wild Child or Soft-Hearted Devil), Frank Weathers will attack you and you can't get the quest from him.
- He will only attack you if the NCR officer at the Aerotech Office Park initiates combat. If you sneak past him or sneak kill him you can still get the quest.
- If you have negative reputation with the Legion, there will be at least one enemy you may need to take out after saving the Weathers family or they will try to kill them first.
- If you free the Weathers family without disarming their collars, they will never make it and you will receive negative Karma.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The quest name is a reference to the song "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" made popular by Tony Bennett in 1962.
- pc The Weathers family may not be wearing collars. This makes the quest reasonably easier as the player doesn't have to worry about remembering to deactivate the devices, however this bug does remove the option to detonate them prematurely.[verified]
- pc xbox360 Sometimes, if you begin the quest by talking with the Weathers, you can pick the lock to the cage, disarm all three collars, kill all guards in the area, then tell the Weathers to run for it. They survive but you lose Karma.[verified]