Once you have the Lawbringer perk, any evil character you kill will have a finger on their corpse. This finger can then be sold to a certain person (whose identity is disclosed when you take the perk) for caps and positive Karma.
The evil alternative to this is the Contract Killer perk.
- The "certain person" mentioned is Sonora Cruz, a member of the Regulators, who resides in the Regulator HQ. Taking this perk is the only way to get this location marked on the map, including by finding it. The perk also unlocks the door, which otherwise requires a key.
- Sonora Cruz rewards you with +10 Karma and 5 caps per finger (10 with Very Good Karma).
- If another character, creature, or environmental thing such as an exploding car kills an evil character, a finger will not appear on the body.
- Super mutants do not drop fingers.
- This perk is the only way to make Junders Plunkett appear, whose finger is worth 1,000 caps (to Sonora), and is also the only way to obtain his unique spiked knuckles Plunkett's Valid Points.
- This perk is required to obtain one of the Guns and Bullets books, and one of the Nuka-Cola Quantums.
- This perk may provide you with a Regulator duster in 100% condition, depending on the dialogue you choose when first meeting Sonora Cruz.
- In the Official Fallout 3 Strategy Guide it incorrectly states in the Perception section that both the Lawbringer and Contract Killer perks require you to have at least 6 Perception before you can get them.
- This perk is similar to the Blood Brotherhood quest.
- pc ps3 xbox360 It is possible that Sonora Cruz vanishes from the Regulator HQ and does not return. Fast traveling to the HQ often spawns various combination of hostile creatures and/or robots. They are normally busy killing the brahmin outside the HQ, however they engage you upon your arrival. Due to the nature of the AI and the non-player character characteristics of Sonora Cruz, this causes her to flee from the area and not return. She can be brought back to the HQ by using the console, but must be disabled, then re-enabled to reset her scripts, or she will act continually frightened. It should be noted that if you kill whatever is outside before you enter the Regulator HQ Sonora Cruz will not flee. [verified]
- xbox360 She can sometimes be found wandering around outside the HQ building. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Even with the Lawbringer perk, Regulators in the HQ will hold a bounty notice saying that you're a dangerous person who is to be shot on sight for a reward of 1000 caps when having an Evil or Very Evil Karma status. [verified]