Laser rifle beam splitter
This weapon mod splits a laser rifle's beam into two. If both beams hit their intended target, the base damage is 30% higher. Both beams are in close proximity to one another, so this does not really give the split laser much in the way of a 'shotgun' effect, rendering it ineffective in crowd control situations. While this upgrade will improve damage against most types of enemies, it will make a laser rifle less effective against heavily armored foes, since armor subtracts from the damage dealt by each specific laser beam. This mod synergizes well with a high critical chance, as each beam is capable of scoring a separate critical hit.
- Blake, Crimson Caravan Company.
- Cliff Briscoe, Novac.
- Dale Barton, The Fort.
- Gloria Van Graff, Silver Rush.
- Old Lady Gibson, Gibson scrap yard.
- Vendortron, Gun Runners kiosk.
- Prior to patch 184.108.40.2062, the beam splitter was only worth 250 caps.
- Before patch 220.127.116.115, the 30% bonus was never applied. This has since been corrected.
xbox360 pc ps3 Attaching it to a laser rifle produces three rather than two beams, each producing 1/3rd of the original laser's damage. [verified]