Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This weapon mod splits a laser rifle's beam into two. If both beams hit their intended target, the base damage is 30% higher. Both beams are in close proximity to one another, so this does not really give the split laser much in the way of a 'shotgun' effect, rendering it ineffective in crowd control situations. While this upgrade will improve damage against most types of enemies, it will make a laser rifle less effective against heavily armored foes, since armor subtracts from the damage dealt by each specific laser beam. This mod synergizes well with a high critical chance, as each beam is capable of scoring a separate critical hit.
- Blake, Crimson Caravan Company.
- Cliff Briscoe, Novac.
- Dale Barton, The Fort.
- Gloria Van Graff, Silver Rush.
- Old Lady Gibson, Gibson scrap yard.
- Vendortron, Gun Runners kiosk.
- Prior to patch 184.108.40.2062, the beam splitter was only worth 250 caps.
- Before patch 220.127.116.115, the 30% bonus was never applied. This has since been corrected.
xbox360 pc ps3 Attaching it to a laser rifle produces three rather than two beams, each producing 1/3rd of the original laser's damage. [verified]