| ||For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The AEP7 laser pistol is a military-grade weapon used by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in Fallout 3 instead of the Wattz 1000 laser pistol used in previous Fallout games. Talon Company mercenaries and Regulators may also be armed with them.
Like other energy weapons, the laser pistol has a multiplier on critical chance, making critical hits more frequent with this weapon over most others. Critical hits that are fatal reduce enemies to smoking piles of ash, but this process does not damage any equipment or items the victim was holding or wearing prior to their death.
By nature of firing a beam projectile, its shots will instantly hit, negating any need to lead the shot, and the beam will ignite any gas leaks that it passes through.
The only problem with the AEP7 laser pistol is its rarity. These guns don't show up in the Capital Wasteland very often early on, so keeping the pistol repaired and maintained might be a problem. Shops and merchants that sell weapons are the most reliable source of laser pistols. Fortunately, the ammunition for the laser pistol is reasonably plentiful. Energy cells can often be found in ammunition boxes, other various containers and on destroyed robots. One can find copious amounts of energy cells in the National Archives sub-basement or in the RobCo Facility.
The laser pistol can fire a total of about 729 shots, the equivalent of 25 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Colonel Autumn's laser pistol - a unique variant carried by Colonel Autumn prior to the release of the add-on Broken Steel.
- Colonel Autumn's laser pistol (Broken Steel) - a unique variant carried by Augustus Autumn with the add-on Broken Steel installed.
- Cross' laser pistol - A unique, non-playable version used by Cross with identical stats to the regular version.
- Protectron's Gaze - a unique variant given by the Mechanist.
- Smuggler's End- a unique variant carried by Elder Lyons.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol||10||120||12||x0.08||22||2||17||1.2||0.0||30||1250||2||420||210|
|Colonel Autumn's laser pistol||18||108||6||x1.5||18||1||17||1.1||0.0||30||694||3||420||140|
- One looking to find a laser pistol early in the game may acquire two from the deli to the right of the cash registers at the Super-Duper Mart. Both are in poor condition, however.
- If the player character can find Vault 92, there is a laser pistol with several energy cells on a table just inside the entrance; aside from the perils of crossing much of the wasteland to get there, it is entirely unguarded.
- Another decent condition pistol can be found in the Farragut West Metro Station tunnels, in a safe that is easily unlocked by a nearby terminal. This is easiest to find during the Following in His Footsteps quest.
- It can also be found on Initiate Jennings while aiding Lyons' Pride in their defense of Galaxy News Radio.
- In addition, it is commonly used by both the Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave as a sidearm.
- The dead regulator will have one.
- Armitage, Ben Canning, the Mechanist, Tinker Joe and William Brandice all use the laser pistol.
- Paladin Gunny carries one.
| || |