| || For an overview of laser pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see laser pistol.|
For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Laser pistol (GRA).
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers, thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues in pre-War USA, caused by its prolonged war with China, prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The laser pistol returns as the entry level energy pistol in Fallout: New Vegas. The laser pistol is one of the weakest energy pistols, but is also the most common. Unlike the majority of the weapons in New Vegas, the laser pistol does not have a "true iron sights" function.
Like other energy weapons, the laser pistol has a multiplier on critical chance, making Critical Hits more frequent with this weapon over most others. Critical hits that are fatal reduce enemies to piles of steaming ash. This process does not damage any equipment or items the victim was holding or wearing prior to their death.
By nature of firing a beam projectile, its shots will instantly hit, negating any need to lead the shot. Additionally, the laser pistol's beam will ignite any gas leak traps that it passes through.
A laser pistol can be repaired by copies of itself and its variants or any one handed energy weapon with the Jury Rigging perk.
The sound is almost the same but very noticeably quieter than the Fallout 3 counterpart.
The laser pistol can fire a total of about 995 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 34 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Pew Pew, a unique variant found in the Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters during the A Valuable Lesson quest.
- Missing laser pistol, found only during the Pistol Packing unmarked quest.
- Compliance Regulator Honest Hearts, applies a knockdown effect on target on a successful Critical Hit.
- GRA laser pistol Gun Runners' Arsenal identical to the laser pistol, but can use modifications and makes a different sound when fired.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Critical effect damage and duration||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Laser pistol fnvgra||12||45||3.75||x1.5||12||15||0.8||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
|Laser pistol With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||15||56.3||3.75||x1.5||12||15||1||0.1||30(40)||995||3||775||258.3||0||1|
|Missing laser pistol||11||41.3||3.75||x1.5||11||15||0.7||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
- Goodsprings - if you select Energy Weapons as a Tag skill during the tutorial, the Courier receives a laser pistol from Doc Mitchell. If the Guns skill is also tagged, it will take precedence and you will instead only receive a 9mm Pistol. Also, a laser pistol can be found in a box in Doc Mitchell's house along with some energy cells.
- Goodsprings Cave - two laser pistols can be usually found in the coyote-infested cave, respectively on the corpse of a Bright Follower and one of the dead settlers laying inside, along with some energy cells.
- Hidden Valley bunker - on the first floor, if you go to the resting quarters across from the shooting range, there will be several footlockers filled with laser pistols. (10 or more)
- Nipton - inside Nipton Hall on the top floor inside Mayor Steyn's office, on the shelf just behind the Mayor's desk.
- Primm Pass - just a little ways from the New California Republic outpost, a Bright Follower has a laser pistol.
- Silver Rush - can be bought from Gloria Van Graff in Freeside.
- Vault 22 - on a table to the left from the entrance to the room with the flamer.
- Dead Money Villa, Sierra Madre - located at the base of a tree in a courtyard on the east side.
- One can be found, along with some ammunition, on the corpse of a Bright Brotherhood follower under a railway bridge between Jean Sky Diving and Sloan.
- Gun Runners will sell laser pistols from early on in the game.
- They can often be purchased from Quartermaster Bardon.
- HELIOS One - 1 in the cabinet behind the entrance desk
| || |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Citadel terminal entry on the AEP7 laser pistol in Fallout 3. 
- ↑ DCTA laser firearms protocol.