| ||For an overview of laser pistol models in various games, see Laser pistol.|
A Wattz 1000 Laser Pistol. Civilian model, so the wattage is lower than military or police versions. Uses small energy cells.”— In-game description, Fallout
A Wattz 1000 laser pistol. Civilian model, so the wattage is lower than military or police versions. The reason for this is that it uses a laser focusing diode instead of a crystal array. For security, it can be locked down for transport, with a proper arming sequence needed to render it operable again.
Laser weapons tend to become less effective as the game progresses due to the fact that most late-game enemies have high resistance and threshold to laser damage. The Wattz 1000 can roast most weaker enemies, but it is better off with a Glock 86 if an energy weapon handgun is desired.
- Can be found on the fifth floor of the West Tek Research Facility.
- Can be given by Mathia for your assignment from General Maxson in Lost Hills.
- 3 Can be stolen or looted from 3 Children of the Cathedral members in the room overlooking the vat dipping room in the Mariposa Military Base. One of the Children of the Cathedral also carries 40 small energy cells.
- Louis Salvatore's room in New Reno.
- Given by the Salvatores after coming along to help guard a secret transaction taking place in the desert.
In the game, the Salvatores have begun conducting secret transactions with the Enclave (the Chosen One will be asked to guard one such transaction for Louis Salvatore's final quest), trading dangerous chemicals for Wattz 1000s (or "lightbringers" as they are referred to by denizens of New Reno). This gives the Salvatores an immense advantage over the other "families", and, using the "lightbringers", the Salvatores brutally massacre Mordino family members in the streets, striking fear into all those who oppose Salvatore.
Although no family is willing to fight the laser-packing Salvatores head-on, Orville Wright will ask the Chosen One to locate a source of weaponry which would give the Wrights a chance at doing so, and Big Jesus Mordino will contract them to murder Louis Salvatore in revenge for the massacre.
| || |
- ↑ In-game description for the laser pistol in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. 
- ↑ Dialogue files from Fallout 2 - "Pointy end with the laser diode goes toward the enemy. Then pull the trigger." .
- ↑ Citadel terminal entries on the AEP7 laser pistol in Fallout 3.