A unique variant of the cowboy repeater, it has a scope which was mounted on the rifle by Corporal Sterling, produces slightly more damage, reloads faster as it does not load through the loading gate (it lacks one), but through the front of the magazine tube (similar to Lincoln's repeater). Also, the La Longue Carabine is more accurate than a regular cowboy repeater. This spread has been reduced greatly as a result of the latest patch, as it is now slightly more than that of the Marksman carbine.
Like most unique weapons, weapon modifications cannot be used on La Longue Carabine. However, by default, it comes with aforementioned scope modification and the extended feeder magazine already attached, although judging by the appearance of the rifle the magazine tube on La Longue Carabine is smaller than a cowboy repeater with an extended magazine.
La Longue Carabine can fire a total of about 745 standard rounds, the equivalent of 68 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & JFP||745||68|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Cowboy repeater With all weapon mods attached||32||65||2.03||x1.25||32||27||1.2||0.06||11||595||3.5||3075||878.6||25||4|
|La Longue Carabine||35||75.4||2.15||x1.5||35||24||1.5||0.05||11||745||5||1500||300||25||5|
- It is carried by Corporal Sterling, a member of NCR's 1st Recon, in Camp McCarran.
Behind the scenes
- "La Longue Carabine" is a French phrase meaning "The Long Carbine"; it is a reference to the James Fenimore Cooper novel "The Last of the Mohicans", in which the main character, Hawkeye, is nicknamed La Longue Carabine by the Delaware tribe for his famed marksmanship.
- Paul Fish modeled and textured the rifle.
- xbox360 Though perhaps not limited to the La Longue Carabine, there seems to be a bug associated with this weapon that will sometime cause the player to be unable to switch ammunition types, even when a particular ammunition type has been exhausted. This is resolvable by dropping, or storing the weapon on a companion, and then reequipping it. Though it may still not be possible to switch ammunition types while equipped.
- ↑ Corporal Sterling dialogue file - "I call her La Longue Carabine. Didn't always have the scope - I added that myself."
- ↑ http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/234896774353925514 JE Sawyer on Formspring