| ||This page is about the location. For the pre-War company, see L.O.B. Enterprises (company).|
Inclement Weather Policy #C31: In the event of extreme winter (nuclear) conditions, all employees are required to proceed to human resources and complete forms D87-a, D87-b, H04-1, and A14-3, addendum 7. In accordance with company policy #L83, employees will be issued iodine tablets, personal geiger counter, meal rations, and sworn into the sovereign L.O.B. republic.”— Security Operations Terminal
L.O.B. Enterprises is an explorable building in Fallout 3, located in Falls Church. It can be reached by traveling through Grayditch, then through Marigold station to the Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro or by traveling through Foggy Bottom station, the Mason District, and Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro. It is next to the Falls Church East map marker.
The company itself was involved with China before the War, and spent a lot of time and resources developing a new incendiary sidearm for them known as "Project Zhu-Rong". Rumors arose and subsequently spread of their activities and L.O.B. Enterprises soon came under federal scrutiny, as political tensions rose between the United States and China. As a result, its employees were required to carry low-grade military weapons at all times, and received training in the event of a federal invasion or nuclear exchange. The Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol was one of their products, and appears to be a variant of Project Zhu-Rong, as is indicated in their research files, and subsequently lies in the area for one to obtain.
It is divided into three areas: the main area, east wing, and enterprises archives.
In 2077, shortly after Project Zhu-Rong's completion, the building was invaded by U.S. military security forces, comprised mostly of robots. Most of the employees of L.O.B. Enterprises had safely evacuated the building in time, forcing a lock-down of the facility, pending further federal investigation. However, the Great War broke out on October 23, and the U.S. military robots remained inside, keeping the premises secure for over two hundred years since that time.
- Pugilism Illustrated: In a store room composing of only metal shelves, on the eastern side of the map in the southernmost room. It can be reached by going north and then east of the L.O.B Enterprises entrance. (Entering a room with only wooden shelves and a terminal, it is directly south of it.)
- Nuka-Cola Quantum: On a shelf in the big office above the boiler room in the L.O.B. Enterprises area, near the northwest corner of the map.
- Stealth Boy: Entering the East Wing, there is a reception area consisting of an alcove on the right with two desks, a coffee machine, filing cabinets and shelves. There are two terminals, one functioning security operations terminal, and another non-functioning terminal with a Stealth Boy.
- 2 Pre-War books: Both of them are on the desk by the R&D operations terminal, but have also been seen in various places on the floor. The R&D room is the first accessible door on the left after reaching the top level of the east wing, in the same hallway as the CEO's office.
- Zhu-Rong v418 Chinese pistol: Inside the CEO's office (Very Hard lock), inside the CEO's briefcase (Hard lock) on the desk. The key is inside the CEO's desk, and will also unlock the door that leads back into the hallway, in the case of the player reaching the CEO's room by circling the edge of the destroyed floor rather than picking the lock.
- Tumblers Today: Next to the computer monitor on the desk in the CEO's office.
- Mini nuke: In the CEO's bathroom next to the garbage can or on top of the lighting fixture over the toilet.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual: Beside the employee terminal in the archives.
- Stealth Boy: In the generator area of the archives past the bathrooms, on a shelf on the eastern wall.
- While L.O.B. Enterprises does not show up on the Pip-Boy "world map", its entrance is marked on the Pip-Boy "local map". Fast traveling to Falls Church East places one right outside the building, its big sign makes it hard to miss.
- L.O.B. Enterprises has the dubious distinction of having the most vacuum cleaners of any location. There are a total of 15 across its three zones. (There are 5 in the entrance, 7 in the archives and 3 the eastern wing.)
- There may be a sentry bot inside L.O.B. Enterprises on one of the upper floors. The higher the level, the more sentry bots. At level 30 (Broken Steel add-on), the building comprises mostly of sentry bots with a few robobrains and one or two protectrons.
- Another danger point is one of the entrances to the archives wing. The entire room is filled with explosive gases, and a Mister Gutsy patrols the room (sentry bots may patrol this room if the Broken Steel add-on is installed); its flamethrower can ignite the gas accidentally. To be safe, use explosives to set of the gas from a distance before entry.
- There is a computer named "L.O.B. Enterprises - Sam Johnson's terminal" located in the main area that appears to be without power yet can be selected for some communications regarding sexual harassment against female employees by Mr. Johnson.
- In the east wing section, there is a bathroom with urinals, however on the outside of the bathroom the sign says "Ladies".
- Just to the right of entering the east wing there is a teddy bear sitting on a chair in front of the security operations terminal.
- In one terminal it is noted that in case of emergency the building should be evacuated via the archives. Although there is a section in the archives which looks like the metro levels, there is no visible connection to any metro.
- There are numerous skeletons to be found. Some skeletons are accompanied by weapons and sometimes ammunition.
L.O.B Enterprises appears only in Fallout 3.