Kyle is a resident of Diamond City. Just like the other residents, he fears that his family and friends might be replaced by synths. After fast travelling away and then back to Diamond City once, the Sole Survivor will encounter Kyle accusing Riley, his brother, of being a synth at gunpoint.
The Diamond City security officers kill Kyle after he refuses to put his weapon away. Alternatively, the Sole Survivor can intervene by killing Kyle. Afterwards, an officer will compliment the Sole Survivor's shooting ability and praise them for taking action. Riley will thank the Sole Survivor for saving him.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Padded blue jacket
|Pipe pistol||Squirrel bits
- The city does not become hostile if the player intervenes by killing Kyle. Doing this will cause some different guard dialogue when addressing the people who watched.
- Though it does not work vice versa. Kyle will instantly be shot and the city will immediately become hostile if Riley is attacked.
- Using the Intimidation perk to force Kyle to stand down will still result in him being shot, with no additional dialogue.
Kyle appears only in Fallout 4.
- pcIf the player is fast enough and has rank four of the Pickpocket perk, they can steal the gun or their ammo from the officer that shoots Kyle. If this is done, nothing will happen until the player shoots Kyle. The player can, however, still interact with the residents.[verified]
- pc With rank four of the Pickpocket perk, you can also steal Kyle's gun. Kyle will then put his fists up instead of his gun. The officers will still tell Kyle to lower his weapon and he will still be killed.[verified]
- pc Likewise, pacifying Kyle with the Intimidation perk will still result in the same dialogue and Kyle being shot.[verified]
- pc Rarely, the guard that shoots Kyle will refuse to address the town, and attempting to talk to him, will state that he is busy. This will cause all shops to be shut down.[verified]