Bug Verification Project
The knife spear is a two-handed Melee weapon often carried by the ghost people of the Sierra Madre. It is constructed by duct-taping four cosmic knives to the end of a broom stick handle.
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point||Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Mauler outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The knife spear can successfully strike about 1995 times from full condition before breaking.
This weapon can be crafted by the player.
cosmic knife (3)
duct tape (1)
Dead Money add-on
Knife spear (1)
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Knife spear fnvdm||20||37.9||x1.5 limb damage||1.89||x1||20||35||1.1||1995||3||55||18.3||25||2|
|Knife spear clean fnvdm||25||47.4||x3 limb damage||1.89||x1.2||25||35||1.4||1995||3||55||18.3||25||2|
|Throwing knife spear fnvdm||42||20.2||x2 limb damage||0.48||x1||42||28||3||4995||0.65||25||38.5||25||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- They can commonly be found on ghost people.
- One can be found in the area outside the Villa Police Station, impaling a skeleton by a fountain near the wide staircase leading to the station.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Due to the knife spear being a re-skin of the baseball bat: [verified]
- Enemy blood on the spear will be floating off of the surface.
- The player's palm will be stretched out. This happens with the baseball bat but because the bat is bigger than the knife spear, it can not normally be seen.
- xbox360 The knife spear can, of an unknown bug, disappear in the third person point of view, but reappear in the first person point of view. Although the knife spear disappears in the third person point of view, it can still be usable in combat as if the knife spear is still there active. (Reloading a previous save doesn't fix this issue nor dropping the knife spear will (even though in third person point of view, it appears on the ground, but Netherless disappears again when equipping it). [verified]