| ||For an overview of knife models in the Fallout series of games, see knife.|
A simple chef's knife with low melee damage. Extremely common to the point of being cheap clutter. It is one of the required components in the crafting of the weapon binding ritual in the Honest Hearts add-on. Its availability and low cost makes it ideal for repairing higher-ended one-handed melee weapons with the Jury Rigging perk. It is also a (basic) holdout weapon, and so can be brought into areas where weapons are restricted regardless of the character's sneak skill.
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The knife can successfully strike about 745 times from full condition before breaking.
- All over the Mojave Desert, found most commonly in the kitchens of houses or hotels, tool cabinets and boxes or in the hands of weak thugs. Can also be found if you search and loot Doc Mitchell's house.
- When you encounter Viper gunslingers, Freeside thugs and Jackal gang members, there is a good chance that they will be holding this.
- Many common wastelanders have them, but sometimes they cannot be pickpocketed, only taken from the dead body.
- Frequently found on the bodies of NCR troopers.
- Higgs Village. Three can be found stuck into a picture of Mr. House, in the kitchen of Dr. 0's house in
- The Atomic Wrangler crier carries one
- In the Gourmand's kitchen area, several larger knives can be found, however their size does not change when equipped. If dropped it will remain the same size; if picked up and dropped again it will revert back to the normal size.