The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Kingsport Lighthouse features a medium sized building area. There is a workshop and weapon workbench present in the lighthouse behind the house. The house itself is two floors high, with little loot. There is however, a roof that is missing two parts. Behind the house there is a lighthouse, with an isolated glowing one behind a barred door at the top.
Behind the lighthouse, there is a small bay with a boat to the right side and a small house and dock on the left. The road up to the lighthouse is littered by a few powerful mines and a tripwire rigged up to a nuclear trap.
The yellow barrels at the end of the dock are highly radioactive. They can be scrapped for materials in workshop mode, which will get rid of the radiation permanently.
The settlement's buildable area includes the house, the tower, the docks, and even the boat. The hostile Children of Atom and the glowing one atop the lighthouse must be cleared out first.
Because of impassable rock ledges bordering most of its landward approaches, attackers usually approach from either the shoreline south from the pier, or directly up the driveway.
- Mini nuke - found at the top of the lighthouse behind a barred door.
- A Gamma gun with plenty of gamma rounds can be found on the corpses of the Children of Atom enemies that can be found inside both the house and the lighthouse.
- Sometimes, the bar on the door at the top of the lighthouse may remain in place, even after previously releasing it and opening the door and the result will appear that the glass room is now inaccessible as you cannot move around the bar. However, standing directly in front of the bar and shutting the door behind you will force you into the room. To exit, simply sprint into the area between the bar and the wall, possibly jumping. Alternatively, you can use a fast travel marker found in the misc section of the resources tab to fast travel directly into the room. Disabling reference 001a8e64 will clear the bar from the game, as well.
- Children of Atom will periodically spawn in the boat.
- The body of the trader in the wrecked house and lighthouse may continually respawn. If they are dismembered, the parts will spawn in the same position as the intact limbs.
- The lighthouse seems to be powered by the glowing one located at the top, as when the area is cleared the lighthouse stops shining.
- There is also a mutated dolphin washed on the shore near the shack, which is not lootable.
- Just out to sea from the lighthouse there is a small rocky area with a skeleton sitting on a wheelchair. It's slightly ominous as there is no logical way for the wheelchair to have reached that position.
- The NPC settler spawn point is typically by the rocks just to the right of the lighthouse door.
- The Kingsport Lighthouse can be seen briefly in the Fallout 4 trailer.
The Kingsport Lighthouse only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Like the Pickman Gallery and Dunwich Borers, the lighthouse may be a reference to the works of H.P. Lovecraft. Kingsport was a fictional Massachusetts town created by Lovecraft, and the setting for several of his stories, and residents included a cult performing strange rites, which the Children of Atom may be a reference to.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|