King's School of Impersonation is a still-active location that was created to teach people how to impersonate Elvis Presley. It is now the "World Headquarters" of the Kings, a gang active in Freeside. The King, king of all King impersonators, rules the roost around this location. This is also where you may find and recruit Rex after progressing in the quest G.I. Blues for The King.
There are three stories in the building and many rooms.
The Kings' beds can be slept in; the queen-sized beds on the third floor grant the Well Rested effect. In one of the rooms, you can see cups and balls set up as if to play beer pong.
There is a locked door that can only be opened with The King's key. The key can only be stolen from The King, and the door just leads to a hallway you can get to anytime by going around.
Some of the chalkboards can be quite humorous, with messages such as "Step 1: Shake Hips, Step 2: Say 'Uh Huh.'"
- On the 3rd floor, there is a room filled with Kings outfits available to steal, 32 to be exact, and there are also three Jailhouse Rockers.
- Figaro, a unique straight razor, held by Sergio.
- Viva Las Vegas is the outfit worn by The King.
- Four golf balls can be found in a room on the second floor along with a 9-iron.
- Pacer will initially charge you 5, 50, or 500 caps to speak to The King, unless you talk him into waiving it (Speech 60). The King will reimburse you if you ask him.
- If you prove your worth by completing quests for The King, he will grant you a favor in gratitude. This favor can be traded one time for 1000 caps, entrance to the strip (via a fake passport available from Mick & Ralph), membership of the Kings gang, or a peaceful outcome in the quest the Kings' Gambit.
- Members of the kings are able to change their hairstyle with Sergio, the King's barber, free of charge. They also receive a kings gang outfit.
- If you have reached a Reputation of Liked with the people of Freeside, every time you enter through a Freeside gate, one of the The King's gang members will run up to you to give you a gift from the King himself (usually a small token, such as stimpaks, bottle caps, or consumables). However, during this encounter or shortly before, a fight will often erupt between the King's gang member and a Freeside thug (or two), and you may have to help kill the thug(s), or the King's gang member will die before this token of appreciation is bestowed.
King's School of Impersonation appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 When playing as a female character random members of the Kings will occasionally say the usual "Ever heard of personal space guy?" but if subtitles are turned on they will read "Ever heard of personal space lady?", other times the gang members will say "lady."[verified]
- pc ps3 Activating the jukebox in the King's room will cause you to gain Freeside infamy, but strangely enough you won't be attacked if witnessed.[verified]