Kill the rat god
Defeat the Rat God
People been disappearing. Just them that are slow and sickly, for now. 'Course, they don't stop to cook their food like us. They just gnaw it into a few bloody clumps of hair and rags. Least that's all we find in the morning. I've even heard talk that there's some kind of giant rat god that tells 'em all what to do.”— Slim Picket
|Side Quest: Kill the rat god|
|Speak with Slim Picket.|
|Unlock the door near Slim.|
|Go inside Klamath tunnels to level 2.|
|Kill the rat god.|
|Reward: 300 XP, +50 Karma|
You can get the key to the warrens door in one of several ways, including:
- Convincing Slim to give it to you.
- Stealing the key from him.
- Picking the door lock.
- Sleeping with Slim (Female character only)
- Killing him and taking it
- Feeding the dog near Klamath's town center a piece of meat jerky (he'll cough it up and follow you around)
- Clicking barter, then trading for the key (it has a value of 0, so just add $1 to your side and he'll accept.)
At any rate, once you get into the warrens, battle your way down through the caves until you reach the second sub-floor. There you'll face Keeng Ra'at the rat god, the brains behind the invasion. The giant rat has a very large amount of HP, and is a difficult creature to kill, especially since you will most likely be at a very low level when you come across it, and with very weak weaponry. Still, if you hit it with a Critical Hit to eyes, no matter the damage - the rat will be always killed. (Critical Hits to the groin have been proven to not kill him instantly)
- There is a 10mm pistol on a corpse north of the Keeng Ra'at's lair, as well as some 10mm ammo well hidden in the pile of bones to the east which will no doubt make the fight easier.
- The quest is finished as soon as you kill Keeng Ra'at.
- Neither Slim nor the other inhabitants of Trapper Town will fully associate you with the deserting of the rodent scourge, but you'll gain Karma nonetheless.
Behind the scenesEdit
- When the quest is completed and the player talks to Slim afterwards, he will state how the player is a regular "Pied Piper". In accordance to the goal of this quest, the 'Pied Piper' is a mythical character said to have removed an infestation of rats from the town of Hamelin during the Middle Ages.