Kill the rat god
Defeat the Rat God
People been disappearing. Just them that are slow and sickly, for now. 'Course, they don't stop to cook their food like us. They just gnaw it into a few bloody clumps of hair and rags. Least that's all we find in the morning. I've even heard talk that there's some kind of giant rat god that tells 'em all what to do.”— Slim Picket
|Side Quest: Kill the rat god|
|Speak with Slim Picket.|
|Unlock the door near Slim.|
|Go inside Klamath tunnels to level 2.|
|Kill the rat god.|
|Reward: 300 XP, +50 Karma|
The key to the warrens door can be obtained in one of several ways, including:
- Convincing Slim to give it to the Chosen One.
- Stealing the key from him.
- Picking the door lock.
- Sleeping with Slim (Female character only)
- Killing him and taking it
- Feeding the dog near Klamath's town center a piece of meat jerky (he'll cough it up and follow the Chosen One around)
- Clicking Barter, then trading for the key (it has a value of 0, so he'll accept any amount offered.)
Once in the warrens, the Chosen One must battle their way down through the caves until they reach the second sub-floor. There they'll face Keeng Ra'at the rat god, the brains behind the invasion. The giant rat has a very high amount of HP, and is a difficult creature to kill. If it is hit with a Critical Hit to eyes, no matter the damage - the rat will be always killed. (Critical Hits to the groin have been proven to not kill him instantly)
- The quest is finished as soon as Keeng Ra'at is killed.
- Neither Slim nor the other inhabitants of Trapper Town will fully associate with the Chosen One upon the deserting of the rodent scourge, but Karma is gained nonetheless.
Behind the scenesEdit
When the quest is completed and the Chosen One talks to Slim afterwards, he will state how they are a regular "Pied Piper". In accordance to the goal of this quest, the 'Pied Piper' is a mythical character said to have removed an infestation of rats from the town of Hamelin during the Middle Ages.