Bug Verification Project
Kill the "chicken"
Sounds like something BIG is moving around inside.”— In-game description
To reach it, one must first subdue the dogs, then place some dynamite to blow up the rocks on the door.
You can kill it for 1000 (800) XP and a drop in Modoc town reputation. Rose will also no longer sell the omelettes. Killing Rose's deatchclaw while sneaking and without being detected will not result in a Modoc reputation drop. Upon asking for an omelet, Rose will simply tell the player that she no longer offers them because "some fool broke into our coop and killed our... chicken".
- This quest is mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas by Jas Wilkins, Rose's great-niece, who offers the Courier the recipe while recalling the story of someone coming to town and shooting the deathclaw "right in the eye".
- The dogs outside will eventually become hostile. This turns some traders hostile as well.
- If you blow the rocks on the door and then leave the deathclaw without killing it, then the deathclaw will walk around the northern part of Modoc, killing all the people in the area, including Rose, Cornelius, and Ferril. If not completed prior to this, it becomes impossible to find Cornelius' lost gold pocket watch.
- When blowing the rocks and the dynamite blows the dogs as well, the game will crash. [verified]
- Sometimes, there won't be any infamy. [verified]