Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For other characters who appear in the Fallout universe named Kenny, see Kenny.|
You're pretty good at this game.”— When the player is in the hidden state during Hide and Seek.
Fleeing the other swampfolk because he wasn't born with the right "look," Kenny (also known as "Latchkey Kenny") is a lonely child looking for a friend to play with. He's holed up in the old Herzog Mine. The kid is exceptional at rigging traps.
Kenny was born to swampfolk and spent his early childhood hidden in his parent's basement because he "don't got the marks" which caused the other swampfolk to shoot at him like they would shoot at the others without the marks. During his time in the cellar he learned how to make traps by taking apart and rebuilding anything he could find. He later ran away from home and took up residence in the old mine. Kenny might have chosen the mine because rumors of it being haunted would keep locals away.
Kenny stays in his makeshift house and on occasion shoots junk off of a shelf with his BB gun.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
With a speech check, using Child at Heart or by retrieving his Kenny Bear from the bottom of the Mine's Shaft, the Lone Wanderer may convince him to let them stay with him in the mine, and use his containers. You can also play either tag or hide-and-seek with him when asked.
- Kenny may be a reference to South Park's Kenny McCormick. Both are named Kenny and are skilled with weapons. Kenny can also occasionally be heard whistling the South Park theme song.
- Kenny's nickname of "Latchkey Kenny" is a reference to the phenomenon of Latchkey kids, children who return to an empty home because their parents are at work or otherwise absent, or who spends large amounts of time without parental supervision. Both definitions apply to Kenny.
- When you ask him about Mr. Herzog, he will say he hung himself. When you travel deeper into the mine (Blackdamp Shaft) you can see a skeleton dangling by its neck from a rope.
- You can return Kenny-bear to Kenny even if you have convinced him to let you stay although there is no reward other than his thanks.
- Oftentimes Kenny can be seen shooting items off a shelf in his room for target practice with his BB gun
- The items Kenny shoots at with his BB gun respawn occasionally. They include a toy car for weapon creation and a camera that can be handed in to Scribe Rothchild (If the player has Broken Steel).
- Kenny wears a wasteland scout uniform. The uniform can be obtained by reverse-pickpocketing Kenny with better armor. Like Elder Lyons' robe, the Pip-Boy icon is that of a Vault 101 jumpsuit.
- Kenny can, in fact, be reverse pickpocketed armor and weapons. He can even wear power armor. When given weapons and ammunition for them, he will use them for his target practice.
- He is armed with a Red Ryder BB gun and threatens to shoot the player on their first meeting.
- Kenny is a joke about the urban myths of hillbillies having disfigured children due to inbreeding and locking the disfigured child in a basement to hide the child out of shame, but a reverse version of this myth. Instead of normal parents hiding their disfigured child in a basement, it is disfigured parents hiding their normal child in a basement.
- "I bet I can burp louder than you!"
- "I bet you can't beat me in a race. You look reeeal slow."
- "Did you know I once bagged a mirelurk ten feet tall?"
- "This one time I'm pretty sure I moved a bottle with my mind..."
- "Hmm... did you turn invisible or something?"
- "You're pretty good at this game."
- pc ps3 xbox360 While he is sleeping, the player has the option to "Murder" him (only with the Mister Sandman perk). However, if you use the Murder option, he will still be alive. The player will still gain exp (even with patched version), and this can be repeated for infinite exp. [verified]
- ps3 Sometimes Kenny will still shoot at his target when you are between him and it, causing damage.