| ||For an overview of Karma in the Fallout universe, see Karma.|
Karma, or "general reputation" in-game, is a reflection of all the good and/or evil choices made during the game and how the player character is perceived by the inhabitants of the Wasteland.
Besides general reputation, the character can be endowed with various reputation titles.
Obtaining Karma pointsEdit
- Talking to the cook in Shady Sands and pass a LK check, one gets to compliment her on her cooking and gain +1 Karma.
- +10 Karma when leaving the exploding Cathedral.
- +5 Karma when starting the destruction countdown of the Mariposa Military Base and +5 Karma leaving the exploding base.
- +2 Karma when returning to Irwin in the Hub after clearing his house of raiders.
- +5 Karma for finding out what happened to the missing caravans and explaining how mutants were the cause.
Each time one is sent to jail in Junktown, even if it's just to keep you out of the way when Killian deals with Gizmo on his own, the fine is 100 caps and -1 Karma. Not having the funds to pay the fine gives -3 Karma instead.
- Blowing up the jail door with an explosive, then going and deliberately getting caught opening Killian's door, he will throw the character into jail but since there is no door, one can just walk out of there without getting any XP or turning Junktown hostile. Return to Killian and he will be as if nothing was wrong. The process can be repeated as many times as one likes for infinite bad Karma.
Effects of KarmaEdit
- Improve Garret's check reaction for rewards in the quest Destroy the Super Mutants at the Watershed.
- With 16 Karma or higher, one can choose a reward for completion of the quest Rescue Initiate from the Hub.
- With -2 Karma or less during the confrontation with Jacoren at the end of the game, the character automatically draws a pistol and shoots him (this won't occur with a violence setting below "normal").
- With -21 Karma or less in the random encounter with Trent Barrister, one can tell him to hand over his things, in which grants a knife, a Desert Eagle, 20 rounds of .44 M agnum FMJ & JHP each.
- With IN < 4, a Karma between -30 and 29 inclusive and not being a Childkiller, during the random encounter with the weary fisherman, he can give a Rad-X.
- With 20 Karma or above, and if already having discovered Lost Hills, during a random encounter with Brotherhood of Steel paladins, they can be asked for escort to Lost Hills.