Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Jules is met during the Self Admitted Synth random encounter. By the time the Sole Survivor arrives at the scene of the random encounter, Fred states that he and Angie have been traveling with Jules for weeks. They probably created a friendship during that time, which made Jules feel secure enough to reveal his true identity.
Shocked and angered, Fred holds Jules at gunpoint and threatens to kill him, fearing that the runaway synth would send The Institute after them. Angie encourages Fred to do it. Jules is discriminated against the whole time and tries to convince Fred to free him so he can go to Bunker Hill.
It's up to the Sole Survivor to decide Jules' fate. The player character can choose between:
- Killing both Fred and Angie when first spoken to.
- Refusing to get involved in the situation, which will make Fred kill Jules right away.
- Trying to negotiate with them or ask what is happening will make them reveal their history. After Fred's speech, there are four options:
- Kill the synth.
- (Speech check) Convince them that they will anger the Institute if they kill Jules.
- (Speech check) Threaten Fred and Angie, which will make them hostile.
- (Speech check) Convince them that if Jules wanted to hurt them, he would have done this already. If the persuasion attempt succeeds, Angie will agree with the player character and Jules will be freed.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
When first encountered, Jules will have his hands raised over his head and Fred and Angie are discussing killing him. Jules will admit to being a recently escaped synth and begs for mercy. The Sole Survivor can either kill Jules, or pass one of three independent medium-level speech checks to quell the situation and set him free. The Sole Survivor can also choose to attack Angie and Fred, and if Jules survives the fight, he will give the Sole Survivor a small number of caps. If Jules is alive at the conclusion of the encounter, he will run towards Bunker Hill.
- Curie will like it when the Sole Survivor attempts to defuse the situation by saying that Jules is not a threat to Fred and Angie.
- Codsworth will like if the Sole Survivor tries to negotiate with Fred, will dislike threatening him and will hate successfully passing the Charisma check to threaten him.
- Danse will hate if the Sole Survivor tries to negotiate with Fred, will love agreeing to kill Jules
- Piper will admire it and then love it if Sole Survivor tries to negotiate with Fred, each time.
- Cait will like it if the Sole Survivor threatens Fred and Angie.
- Nick Valentine will love it if the Sole Survivor convinces Fred and Angie that if Jules wanted to hurt them, he would have done this already. Nick will also love it if the Sole Survivor convinces them that they will anger the Institute if they kill Jules. Nick will dislike threatening Fred and Angie.
Jules appears only in Fallout 4.