I'm... I don't know what's happening to me. I can't feel a goddamn thing anymore, empty and poisoned like the Wasteland. I'm afraid I won't make it out of here, not without Carlitos. If the Med-X doesn't kill me first, Cachino or another Omerta will. Ha, I look pathetic, huh? The great Joana and now... I don't even know why I'm telling you this.”
Joana is a prostitute who can be found dancing in Gomorrah's courtyard or in her room at one end of the second floor of the courtyard. She has a Med-X addiction, using it to deal with the loss of her lover Carlitos and sexual abuse by the Omertas lieutenant, Cachino.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Bye Bye Love: In one of the endings of the quest, she will join her long lost lover Carlitos.
- How Little We Know: If she survives Bye Bye Love, she will inform you that there is something going on in Gomorrah, and start the quest How Little We Know; provided you are not involved in this quest already.
- With a high enough Medicine score (50) you can call her out on her addiction and initiate her quest, Bye Bye Love. Alternatively, if you wait one or two more dialogue choices, an option to do another Speech check, score (75), and you can ask her what her problem is and she will give you her quest if you continue the dialogue.
- With the Cherchez La Femme perk, or a Speech skill of 75, the player can have sex with her for free.
- Joana will give the option to have sex with her for the price of 100 bottle caps, as well as during two side quests: Bye Bye Love, where you help Carlitos to help Joana escape Gomorrah and the Omertas and during How Little We Know, where Joana will tell the Courier of Cachino and his plan.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Exposed prostitute outfit
*Pre-War spring outfit
* Only during the quest Bye Bye Love.
- Joana is one of the two prostitutes whose "services" can be used at Gomorrah, the other being Dazzle. These options are available for Couriers of either gender and will take 4 hours of in-game time.
- If you have talked Joanna into sleeping with you, she will lay down on the bed in her room. You have to use the bed to actually start things (you will not be given the option to select your resting time, hence this is not simple resting). The bed then counts as "owned" and will give the Well Rested bonus.
- Many of the Omerta thugs will state that she has "the hottest ass on the Strip".
- When she goes into her room she pulls out a cigarette even though her inventory does not contain any cigarettes.
- "Well, what do we have here, huh? Let me guess. You've heard about the mistress who makes all your fantasies come true."
- "It's your paradise on this desolate earth, hon. Your troubles are gone, your pain forgotten, and your dreams come true."
- "Come here, baby. I'm all yours... are you ready to be all mine?"
- "He's a filthy monster. I've been with perverted men but Cachino's done things... to me, that - Even other Omertas would also want to kill him if they knew what he does. He's broken so many of their rules that I don't know how he still breathes."
- "I'm... I don't know what's happening to me. I can't feel a goddamn thing anymore, empty and poisoned like the Wasteland. I'm afraid I won't make it out of here, not without Carlitos. If the Med-X doesn't kill me first, Cachino or another Omerta will. Ha, I look pathetic, huh? The great Joana and now... I don't even know why I'm telling you this."
Joana appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 Entering the courtyard and leaving before she initiates contact will cause her to chase the Courier across the world. She has shown up at Alpha, Delta, Foxtrot, Hidden Valley, Primm, Mojave Outpost, mole rat ranch, Camp Golf, Goodsprings and Camp Searchlight. This can also cause her to become unattainable, thus making "Bye Bye Love" unattainable. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 If you complete "How Little We Know" before beginning "Bye Bye Love," Joana will disappear from the game world, making "Bye Bye Love" unobtainable. [verified]
- pc xbox360 When you have sex with Joana, no sound will be heard. [verified]
- xbox360 Even before completing "How Little We Know", Joana may be unable to be found, even after talking to Carlitos and beginning the quest "Bye Bye Love". [verified]