James T. Roche
Image used as concept design for James T. Roche in the Van Buren design document
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Jimmy T. is a large super mutant, but with delicate hands and facial features. He walks slumped over, head facing the ground. He speaks very quietly, unless the discussion turns towards one of a medical nature. He is known to give first aid help for those that have requested it. He wears glasses, but if you look closely, you can see that they are empty frames.
He finds just about everything funny in an annoying kind of way, and has a big, booming laugh to go with his sense of humor. He seems trustworthy, and claims he's from Boulder.
James was a doctor for a small mountain community. He lived alone, due to his super mutant nature, but always did his best to care for the people in his small village. He studied pre-War medical journals and tried to perform as much modern medical care as possible, as compared to a tribal shaman.
While on a house-call to one of the village elders, a storm snowed him and the patient in. When the rest of the village was able to reach them months later, they discovered one fairly fit super mutant and the bones of the village elder.
The villagers turned James over to the NCR for practicing medicine without a license, but they were never able to prove the charge of cannibalism. James refuses discuss the events of those months.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Analyze Their Drug Stockpile - Jimmy T asks you to help with labeling the drugs.
- Get Garcia out of his coma - It just requires more medical skill than Jimmy has, or some time, to get Garcia out of his coma.
- Get the Salvagers some fruit or vitamins - The salvager are getting scurvy and need fruit or some vitamins.
- Get Jimmy T a Doctor's Bag - Jimmy T could use a doctor's bag to help him treat the salvagers.
- Get them a Geiger Counter - Get Jimmy T a Geiger counter to solve the problem of the radioactive lizards.
Although James has a Pip-Boy, it's unknown how he got it.
James T. Toche has not appeared nor is he mentioned in any published game. He was to appear only in Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios. It is not certain if he will appear in any future Fallout game.
Behind the scenesEdit
Roche is the brand name used by Hoffmann-La Roche a major pharmaceutical and healthcare company.