Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We're a smaller company out of Sac-Town, up in the northern part of the NCR. We run some business through New Reno, there on the "Little Loop." Had a nice run to Salt Lake City, too - but then we lost contact with New Canaan, and that went all to hell.”
Jed is a caravaneer who works with the Happy Trails Caravan Company and is looking to prosper by trading with the Mormons in New Canaan. In order to get past all of the treacherous terrain in Zion Canyon, he needs someone with a Pip-Boy 3000 in order to map out the area. He and the rest of his caravan will wait at the Northern Passage.
Jed appears to have a close relationship with Stella. When she is shot, Jed reacts in a more dramatic sense than he does with the others. If the Courier threatens Ricky and makes him leave, Jed seems glad to hear the news.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Happy Trails Expedition: Jed and his team are looking for a person who can hold their own and help protect the caravan.
- Arrival at Zion: Jed leads the expedition to Zion for the Happy Trails Caravan Company. Upon reaching Zion Canyon, he and the other caravaneers are killed by a group of White Legs who ambush the group. Nothing can prevent his death since it is scripted.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- He recognizes the Courier if Alice McLafferty's quests for the Crimson Caravan Company have been completed.
- He will also recognize the Courier if they kill Alice.
- With a Survival check of 50 one can convince Masterson that they can carry more, raising the weight limit from 75 to 100. The weight limit increase may also be achieved through the Strong Back and/or Pack Rat perks or by convincing Ricky to "carry some of your equipment for you" although this does not mean you have to give your stuff to him.
- "Howdy, friend. Heard my little broadcast, did you? Yeah, you look the type."
- "We're a smaller company out of Sac-Town, up in the northern part of the NCR. We run some business through New Reno, there on the "Little Loop." Had a nice run to Salt Lake City, too - but then we lost contact with New Canaan, and that went all to hell."
- "Well, I ain't never been inside, myself. Did some trading with the New Canaanites from their mission there, but that was all on the outskirts. All the old ways in and out were destroyed after the War, but we got ourselves the location of a pass the New Canaanites use - that's our way in. That's why I wanted someone with a Pip-Boy on the caravan - the map'll be helpful for checking the topography, keeping us on the trail."
When speaking with Jed to head towards Zion Canyon, the dialogue option to leave the Mojave may slightly change. Before asking him on information regarding the possibilities and current situation of Zion, the option is "Okay, let's do it! Zion here we come!". If that option is selected, he will ask the Courier if they are sure to dive in without having any prior knowledge. With sufficient information, this changes into "I'm ready to go to Zion."
- pc xbox360 His corpse may never disappear. [verified]