Jay was investigating the disappearance of a bride in the Ultra-Luxe, but was mysteriously killed before finding anything of value.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Beyond the Beef: The matchbook he carries informs the player to meet his informant in the steam room at 4:00 PM.
- With the Wild Wasteland trait, he is replaced by Crusoe, a similar detective who is also found dead in the same room.
- Jay Barnes wears a unique non-player character only trench coat and fedora that you can't take from his corpse.
- If the player hacks off a limb it will appear to have the entire trenchcoat scrunched up on the limb and the body will remain intact despite having the head/legs/arms severed.
- When resurrected via console, he immediately dies however resurrecting him using "resurrect 1" will make him stand up.
Jay Barnes appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.