One of our clients has a thing for ghouls. And a thing for cowboys.”
James is looking for prostitutes for his escort service. Speaking to him can begin the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango which, despite the dubious connotations, does not give any negative Karma.
Interactions with the player character
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango: James asks the Courier to find him some strange escorts for his hotel.
- Talent Pool: James also needs to be convinced to let go of Hadrian's contract so he could work at The Aces in The Tops.
- Big Winner, Atomic Wrangler: After winning 5,000 chips from gambling at the Atomic Wrangler, James gets fed up and doesn't allow you to gamble there anymore.
- Friend of the Followers: If the Followers of the Apocalypse fix the Garrets' stills, James Garret will donate supplies to them.
- Long-Term Care: James will give Med-X to the Followers in exchange for some knowledge.
The player can pay James to increase their reputation in Freeside.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Grimy pre-War businesswear||-||Atomic Wrangler bank key
Atomic Wrangler upstairs key
- After completing "Wang Dang Atomic Tango," it is revealed that he has a particular sexual interest in robots. It is also suspected that the "escorts" the Courier hires are not for a wealthy customer but actually for him.
- If the Courier is attacked by Benny's bodyguards during Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, he will compliment the Courier on beating "Benny's goon squad" and give you a free bottle of liquor.
- If Francine and everyone else in the Wrangler is killed and James is not, attempting to talk to him will result in him talking in a drunken slur, and the player will not be able to engage speech with him again.
- If the player goes behind the counter both Garrets will go after the courier but never attack, just warning the courier to go away.
- If he can't be found at the bar any time the player visits the casino, he may be found sleeping in his room in third floor, behind a locked door (Average).
James Garret appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.