|| For other characters named James, see James.
Our wealthiest client has a thing for ghouls, and a thing for cowboys. He wants an escort who can satisfy both fetishes.
James Garret is the co-owner of the Atomic Wrangler casino, along with his twin sister Francine Garret. He lives in Freeside in 2281.
James is looking for prostitutes for his escort service. Speaking to him can begin the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango which, despite the dubious connotations, does not give any negative Karma.
Though he denies it, James is also an alleged closet robot fetishist. With a Speech of 40, talking to James about Fisto after the quest, Wang Dang Atomic Tango will result in some humorous dialogue.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
The player can pay James to increase their reputation in Freeside.
- After completing "Wang Dang Atomic Tango", it is revealed that James has a sexual interest in robots.
- If the Courier is attacked by Benny's bodyguards during Ring-a-Ding-Ding!, he will compliment the Courier on beating "Benny's goon squad" and give you a free bottle of liquor.
- If the occupants of the Wrangler are killed, bar James, attempting to talk to him will result in him talking in a drunken slur, and the player will not be able to engage in dialogue with him again.
- If the player goes behind the counter both Garrets will go after the Courier but never attack, just warning the Courier to go away.
- If he can't be found at the bar any time the player visits the casino, he may be found sleeping in his room in third floor, behind an average locked door.
James Garret appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.