The basement used to be a janitor's area but it was changed into a pre-War cache, two months before the Great War. There are two ways to approach said cache. The left one is simple and requires one to walk through a gas-filled corridor after picking a Master-locked door. The right one is the original entrance covered by dozens of laser tripwires linked to turrets.
Directly after the door behind the laser tripwires will be a room with another door with two protectrons at each side of it. In front of them all will be the treasures access terminal, which opens the door, leading to the Treasures exhibit. To the left is a hole in the wall leading to a storage area and the Master-locked door.
Behind the treasures access door will be yet another door with a button on a stand in front of it, which opens it, revealing the Treasures exhibit, a small room filled with numerous broken display cases and a raised second half that loops around the middle table and rail.
- Jamaica Plain janitor's ID
- 49 steel, crystal, and fiber optics (infinite amount if the red button at the end of the corridor is pressed to reactivate the laser trip wires) - Obtained if all of the laser trip wires defending the Treasures exhibit are disarmed.
- The holotapes The Treasures of Jamaica Plain, Treasures inventory and the paper note holotape instructions - On the table immediately within the Treasures exhibit next to a terminal.
- 2076 World Series baseball bat - Found in a display case that's part of the Treasures exhibit, right of the entrance.
- Anchorage veteran's flag on the table, a unique Trifold American flag.
- Championship bowling ball in the display on the right, a unique bowling ball
- Championship bowling pin in the display on the right, a unique bowling pin
- Reporter's camera in the display on the left, a unique camera
- Reporter's pen in the display on the left, a unique pen
- Reporter's pencil in the display on the left, a unique pencil
The Jamaica Plain Town Hall basement only appears in Fallout 4.
- pc ps4 xboxone After all of the laser trip wires have been disarmed, they can be reactivated by pressing the red button at the end of the hall and disarmed again, yielding an infinite amount of materials. They will only reactivate when the door gets closed, so after the second run, you need to press the button twice. [verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone The turrets may spontaneously activate when disarming one particular laser tripwire, even if none of them have been tripped. This usually results in the player's immediate death. [verified]
- xboxone After instant death from laser traps game may freeze and not allow player to restart from Jamaica Plain Town hall basement.[verification overdue]
- pc xboxone Despite being able to hack the terminals and choose the 'Activate' option, the two Protectrons guarding the exhibit will not actually activate. [verified]