Looks like we got a new visitor in the ol' Brahmin pen. Not many people coming here in a hurry, only passing through.”
Ranger Jackson is a downbeat Ranger who likes to do things by the book. He has the best interests of the NCR at heart but doesn't believe on taking any action unless he has gotten the orders signed and sealed through the chain of command.
Interactions with the player character
- Can You Find it in Your Heart?: The player is asked to clear out the critters by the road of Ivanpah Dry Lake.
- Heartache by the Number: The player can report the conspiracy between the Crimson Caravan and the Van Graffs to Jackson instead of killing them.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Ranger brown hat
Ranger red scarf outfit
- Cass calls Jackson a "washed up old fuck" and a "Brotherhood Scribe", strongly disliking his tendency to bureaucracy.
- Even when you kill the Van Graffs or Alice McLafferty, he will neither arrest nor attack you.
- When you talk to Major Knight, he tells the Courier that the commanding officer is in the back, so Ranger Jackson is ranked a Lt. Colonel or higher.
Ranger Jackson only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
When completing the dialogue for Heartache by the Number, Jackson may repeat his lines several times.