Find the upgrades to the Sink's appliances
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's Central Intelligence Unit.
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's Auto-Doc.
- Find the upgrades to The Sink's support AIs, which include The Toaster, The Sink, Blind Diode Jefferson, Muggy, the Biological Research Station, Light Switch 01, Light Switch 02, and the Book Chute.
- Install the upgrades in The Sink.
This quest is automatically activated after the completion of All My Friends Have Off Switches, and tasks the Courier to upgrade the functions of all of The Sink's personalities. You can collect these upgrades in any order, but the quest will not be completed until you have installed all of the upgrades by speaking to the personalities in The Sink.
The holotapes (or terminal entries) for these upgrades can be found at the following locations:
- Big MT west tunnel: The holotape for the LAER mod - auxiliary recharger chip is located in a series of rooms containing several protectron Mk3's and The Custodian. It sits on a shelf in the second large room, in an alcove. It's leaning up against the duffle bag.
- Construction site: The Sink Upgrade: Water Production holotape is located in the far west of the site, with a skeleton next to a bulldozer.
- Little Yangtze: The Book Chute Upgrade: Mulching holotape is inside the watchtower, propped up against a coffeemaker.
- Saturnite alloy research facility: The holotape for the Light Switch 02 Upgrade: "Mood Lights" is standing in a cabinet in the large factory room, across from the South entrance.
- Securitron de-construction plant: The "Muggy" Upgrade: Parts Production holotape is held by 010011110110111001100101 on the second floor of the facility. Be prepared for a serious fight.
- Signal Hills transmitter: The holotape enabling the CIU to sell the LAER mod - prismatic lens, is located on the roof of the transmitter office, along with a note and some equipment from Elijah. It is easiest to walk up the outcrop next to the office and jump down (watch out for glitches in the hill; you could end up inside it). The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Hair Styling Enchancements holotape is located inside the office, on a desk immediately to the right.
- X-12 research center: The Light Switch 01 Upgrade: Smart Lights holotape is located on the ground floor of this facility, leaning against a projector. The player will require a sonic emitter upgrade to disable force-fields (accomplished during the Sonic Emitter Upgrade quest). This area also contains the Y-17 master trauma harness. Several more Y-17 trauma override harness units will appear if he is killed.
- X-13 testing facility, testing chamber: On the level at which you enter, there will be several rooms with catwalks looking down on the testing area. Terminals in these rooms include upgrade data as entries titled "Suggestion," or mentioning a mod or implant. These contain information for the K9000 mod - Resla roil, K9000 mod - Mentat chow, and Implant Y-7.
- Y-17 medical facility: The holotape for Implant C-13 is located in the southwest corner of the main room, on the ground floor, propped up against a burned-out terminal. The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Cosmetic Enchancements holotape is located on the catwalk to the second floor, in a cabinet to the right.
- Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab: The holotape for Implant Y-3 is also located on an operating table, in the room containing Shadis.
- Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab: The holotape for Implant M-5 is located on an operating table in a lab containing Specimen 73.
|10||Find the upgrades to The Sink's central intelligence unit.|
|20||Find the upgrades to The Sink's Auto-Doc.|
|30||Find the upgrades to The Sink's support AIs.|
|40||Quest finished||Install the upgrades in The Sink.|
- The player has to complete the quest Sonic Emitter Upgrade first in order to complete this quest, as they have to get rid of the force-field in the X-12 research center for one of The Sink's supporting AI.
- You do not have to wait until the quest prompts you to upgrade any of the AI's in The Sink, the holotapes will appear before the quest starts.
Behind the scenes
This series of quests gets its name from Dale Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- xbox360 pc ps3 The mission arrow might still present even if you collected the holotape in that area.