Beams reflect off the mirror-like finish of your gleaming armor! You gain an additional +5 Damage Threshold against energy weapons while wearing any metal armor, +2 while wearing reflective eyewear.”— Dead Money description
- Advanced radiation suit
- Chinese stealth armor
- Gannon family Tesla armor
- Legate armor
- Legion centurion armor
- Metal armor
- Metal armor, reinforced
- NCR Ranger combat armor
- NCR Ranger patrol armor
- Radiation suit
- Recon armor
- Remnants power armor
- Space suit
- T-45d power armor
- T-51b power armor
- It is not possible to take this perk at level 2 without leaving Goodsprings; the maximum attainable science at level 2 is 67, three short of the required 70.
- xbox360 ps3 pc This perk does not provide any DT boost due to the fact that the parameter that is referenced when checking the skill type of enemy weapons is "Energy" instead of "EnergyWeapons". This means that the function "IsWeaponSkillType" will never return a value that can activate the perk effect, because there is no weapon skill called "Energy".
- pc A third-party fix has been released which addresses this issue, as well as the issues listed below: New Vegas Nexus
- xbox360 ps3 pc The all-purpose science suit, Brotherhood T-45d power armor, Brotherhood T-51b power armor, and NCR salvaged power armor are not affected by this perk. (The corresponding salvaged power helmet is affected by this perk.)
- xbox360 ps3 pc Ballcap with glasses and biker goggles are not affected by this perk.
Behind the scenes
- The name of the perk is a reference to the phrase "A knight in shining armor".
- The +2 DT effect for wearing reflective eyewear is handled by a separate, hidden perk.