Implant Y-3 is a special perk in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues.
This perk is available to the player after finding the Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant Y-3 in the Z-9 Crotalus DNA preservation lab. It can then be purchased from the Auto-Doc in The Sink for 12,000 caps.
- Removes radiation taken when drinking dirty or irradiated water, soft drinks, and alcohol from the Pip-Boy inventory.
- The message "Implant Y-3 removed ingested radiation" will appear on-screen.
- The amount of radiation removed is dependent on the player's current radiation resistance level.
- It has a lesser effect when drinking from irradiated faucets, toilets, urinals and water ponds. Radiation effects are lowered to +1 rad.
- There is no on-screen message when drinking from these sources.
- Due to the way the perk's effects are calculated (1 - (Player.GetActorValue RadResist / 100)), it is less effective at higher levels of radiation resistance. Using dirty water as an example:
- RadResist 15%, drinking dirty water (Rad+5) → no radiation
- RadResist 69%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → no radiation
- RadResist 70%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → radiation +1
- Note that high levels of radiation resistance may be temporary (boosted by Rad-X and clothing items), whilst the player may need to drink on a more regular basis, especially in hardcore mode.
- This perk is an alternative to the Lead Belly perk, but does not affect irradiated food.
Behind the scenes
- The image for this perk is the same as the icon for the RobCo processor widget, a quest item in Fallout 3.
- All Old World Blues implant perks use this image, and they are the only characteristics in the SPECIAL that have no Vault Boy or Vault Girl included in the image.