Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Implant Y-3 places an internal filtration system in the digestive tract that strips any liquid consumed of all radioactive particles before being processed by the body.”— In-game description
- Removes radiation taken when drinking dirty or irradiated water, soft drinks, and alcohol from the Pip-Boy inventory.
- The message "Implant Y-3 removed ingested radiation" will appear on-screen.
- The amount of radiation removed is dependent on the player's current radiation resistance level.
- It has a lesser effect when drinking from irradiated faucets, toilets, urinals and water ponds. Radiation effects are lowered to +1 rad.
- There is no on-screen message when drinking from these sources.
- Due to the way the perk's effects are calculated (1 - (Player.GetActorValue RadResist / 100)), it is less effective at higher levels of radiation resistance. Using dirty water as an example:
- RadResist 15%, drinking dirty water (Rad+5) → no radiation
- RadResist 69%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → no radiation
- RadResist 70%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → radiation +1
- This perk is an alternative to the Lead Belly perk, but does not affect irradiated food.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The image for this perk is the same as the icon for the RobCo processor widget, a quest item in Fallout 3.
- All Old World Blues implant perks use this image, and they are the only characteristics in the SPECIAL that have no Vault Boy or Vault Girl included in the image.