| ||For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.|
The ingredients of Nuka-Cola include: carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. What gives it a unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste. Some versions of the drink also include vita-minerals and health tonics. During the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, people actually noticed the taste difference when the recipe was changed.
By 2067, vending machines with ice cold Nuka-Cola could be found on virtually every street in America, and even an amusement park in the Commonwealth. Nuka-Cola was the most popular flavored soft drink in the United States before the Great War. After the War, Nuka-Cola is still one of the most popular soft drinks of the post-nuclear world, as large quantities of it were preserved in a fairly pristine state, although it tends to be warm, irradiated, and flat. In Fallout 4, Nuka-Cola bottles take on a newer look.
It is created by placing a bottle of the standard soda in a pristine Nuka-Cola machine. It provides 20 HP (24 HP with the food sanitizer) and 3 Rads, twice the health gain of regular Nuka-Cola. The machine can be bought for the Megaton house or Tenpenny Tower suite. It comes stocked with 8 ice cold Nuka-Colas and can be restocked with Nuka-Cola throughout the game.
- An ice cold Nuka-Cola can be obtained by taking Sierra Petrovita's Nuka-Cola tour.
- There are several more in Sierra's Nuka-Cola fridge, but they must be stolen.
- The pristine Nuka-Cola machine for the player character house turns any regular Nuka-Cola put into it into ice cold Nuka-Cola.
- Consuming a bottle of an ice cold Nuka-Cola provides a single bottle cap, just like any other Nuka-Cola product.
- Ice cold Nuka-Cola cannot be traded to Zip in Little Lamplight.
- Ice cold Nuka-Cola will never get warm. It will stay chilled indefinitely.
- Nuka-Cola can't be chilled by conventional means, thus why the ordinary fridges throughout the wastes do not hold any in their inventory. Assuming the ordinary fridges still work to begin with.
- Ice cold Nuka-Colas cannot be used for Quantum Chemist perk.
- Despite the boosted effects, it has the same value of regular Nuka-Cola.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- During 2015/2016 a real version of Nuka Cola Quantum could be purchased online and in Target stores worldwide.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John-Caleb Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.