I Hear You Knocking
The best marksmen of the NCR are usually at the rear of any battle. The gun will allow us to strike at them.”— Lucius
|Side Quest: I Hear You Knocking|
|Talk to Lucius.|
|Go to Nellis workshop, on the grounds of Nellis Air Force Base.|
|Retrieve the howitzer firing mechanism from the cabinet via theft or freely from being idolised by the Boomers.|
|Install the firing mechanism in the howitzer at Fortification Hill.|
|Return to Lucius.|
|Reward: 100 XP|
Caesar's Legion fame
- You access this quest at Fortification Hill after you talk to Caesar and speak with his subordinate, Lucius. From there talk to him until you reach the question about whether or not Lucius has employment opportunities. He will then explain that the Legion recently obtained a howitzer (which is aimed at Hoover Dam), but they do not have the part to fix it. He then tells you about a tribe of people called "the Boomers" who are obsessed with such weapons.
- In the northeast corner of the Mojave Wasteland you will find Nellis Air Force Base, and after some careful running and dodging howitzer fire you will be stopped by a Boomer guard. If you then agree to go willingly with Raquel she will take you to the eldest of the tribe, Mother Pearl. While talking to her you can ask her for the firing mechanism but she won't be so willing to part with it. After questioning you will have free roam of the base.
- To get the part without theft, finish Volare! or become at least liked to get her to let you have the part, removing its stolen tag when taken from the cabinet.
- Once you exit Pearl's barracks, head for a row of curved corrugated buildings and enter the Nellis workshop (second building from the end, between Loyal's house and the Nellis Boomer museum). Once inside, look for the gun cabinet in the corner, open it, and among other items you will find a howitzer firing mechanism.
- When you return, search out the howitzer on the cliff. Examine the howitzer and replace the firing mechanism.
- Return to Caesar's tent, and inform Lucius that the howitzer has been repaired. You will gain Caesar's Legion fame as well as 100xp.
|10||Get a replacement firing mechanism for the Legion's howitzer from the Boomers.|
|15||Retrieve the firing mechanism from the Boomers' workshop.|
|20||Install the replacement firing mechanism into the Legion's howitzer.|
|30||Quest finished||Inform Lucius that the howitzer has been repaired.|
Behind the scenesEdit
This quest is named after the song "I Hear You Knocking", probably the best known version being that of Fats Domino.