Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Institute radiant quest: Hypothesis|
|Talk to Clayton Holdren in The Institute.|
|Head to the unnamed location and collect the tissue sample.|
|Head back to the Institute and talk to Clayton Holdren.|
|Rewards: 400 XP|
This quest can be received from Clayton Holdren at various points throughout the Institute questline. If he doesn't give it to you on his own accord as soon as you talk to him, ask if he needs anything done.
Once active, the quest will direct you to a randomly chosen super mutant stronghold like Faneuil Hall or the Scrap Palace, where you'll be required to kill the resident super mutant leader. The exact enemy type is dependent on player level. Said leader will drop the requested Flesh Sample upon death.
With the sample in your possession, return to Holdren for a reward in experience points. Note that in order to get any material reward from him, an easy charisma check needs to be passed right before giving him the sample. If done successfully, Holdren will give 4 stimpaks.
- Big John's salvage
- Breakheart Banks
- Coast Guard Pier
- Fallon's department store
- Faneuil Hall
- Fraternal Post 115
- Gwinnett Brewery
- Hub 360
- Mass Fusion disposal site
- Medford Memorial Hospital
- Parkview Lounge
- Scrap Palace
- Shaw High School
- Swan's Pond
- Trinity Plaza
- West Roxbury station
- Wilson Atomatoys Corporate HQ
- Wilson Atomatoys factory
- The sample (renamed tissue sample in such a case) can sometimes be found as random loot on powerful super mutants without having received the quest before and even if the Institute has been destroyed during the main questline. It is unknown whether this is a bug or serves some other purpose. The sample, while weightless and no bother, still counts as a quest item and can neither be sold nor dropped or stored in a container.
- Directly after completing the mission, it is possible to pickpocket a tissue sample from Clayton Holdren which can be reused when repeating the mission.
pc Attempting to persuade for a reward after doing this quest more than once will give dialogue for the failed persuasion attempt even if the charisma check is passed, therefore Clayton will not reward the 4 Stimpaks. [verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.