Bug Verification Project
Hunting rifle scope
Weapon mod case.
This mod increases the zoom factor to 3.5x magnification while aiming down the hunting rifle's sight by virtue of aiming using the telescopic sight attached by the mod as opposed to the usual iron sights. Visually, a telescopic sight is mounted over top of the rifle's action. The scope might not be seen while the rifle is on the ground. This attachment can improve the player's accuracy a lot, making the hunting rifle the best replacement for the sniper rifle, or the choice for players who don't have the sniper rifle yet.
- Alexander, 188 Trading Post
- Arms merchant, 188 Trading Post
- Blake, Crimson Caravan Company
- Dale Barton, The Fort
- Vendortron, Gun Runners
- Prior to patch 184.108.40.2062, the hunting rifle scope was only worth 250 caps.
- Bullets tend to hit slightly below the crosshairs of the scope.
- As stated in the notes section of the Hunting rifle (Fallout: New Vegas) article, this scope actually has a higher magnification than that of the Sniper rifle (Fallout: New Vegas) and the Anti-materiel rifle.
- xbox360 ps3 As with other scoped weapons, there is a bug which replaces the normal crosshairs with a blank computer screen. [verified]