Hunting rifle scope
Weapon mod case.
This mod increases the zoom factor to 3.5x magnification while aiming down the hunting rifle's sight by virtue of aiming using the telescopic sight attached by the mod as opposed to the usual iron sights. Visually, a telescopic sight is mounted over top of the rifle's action. The scope might not be seen while the rifle is on the ground, or in the third person view. This attachment can improve the player's accuracy significantly, putting it on par with the sniper rifle. However, the scope will limit the player's field of vision, making close quarters combat extremely difficult.
- Alexander, 188 Trading Post
- Arms merchant, 188 Trading Post
- Blake, Crimson Caravan Company
- Dale Barton, The Fort
- Vendortron, Gun Runners kiosk
- Prior to patch 184.108.40.2062, the hunting rifle scope was only worth 250 caps.
- Bullets tend to hit slightly below the crosshairs of the scope.
- xbox360 ps3 As with other scoped weapons, there is a bug which replaces the normal crosshairs with a blank computer screen. [verified]
- ps3 A slightly different zooming glitch is present where aiming with the hunting rifle scope obscures all but the upper right screen quadrant with shards of opaque color. [verification overdue]