| ||For an overview of hunting rifle models in all games, see hunting rifle.|
An accurate, long-ranged and common weapon early in the game, its effectiveness is limited with the lack of FMJ ammo. It is an effective weapon early in the game, but much better replacements can be found later on.
- There's one in the southwestern living quarters in level 2 of Vault 15. It's hidden in the top left corner of the bathroom.
- Kenji, the assassin that Gizmo sends to kill Killian Darkwater of Junktown, carries a hunting rifle.
- Raiders often carry Hunting Rifles in the level range of 3 - 7.
- Set also uses one when he is locked in combat.
- In an ice chest at the hall of Necropolis.
- Can be found in the lockers at the sheriff's station in Redding.
- Bought in the Den, from Flick or Tubby.
- Can be bought from the general store in Broken Hills.