|| For an overview of hunting rifle models in all games, see hunting rifle.
A Colt Rangemaster semi-automatic rifle, in .223 caliber. Single-shot only.
The hunting rifle is a small gun that appears in Fallout and Fallout 2.
An accurate, long-ranged and common weapon early in the game. It is an effective weapon early in the game, but much better replacements can be found later on.
In Fallout 2, it can be upgraded with a scope.
- One is found the southwestern living quarters in level 2 of Vault 15. It is hidden in the top-left corner of the bathroom.
- Kenji, the assassin that Gizmo sends to kill Killian Darkwater of Junktown, carries one.
- Raiders often carry hunting rifles in the level range of 3 - 7.
- Set also has one.
- In an ice chest at the hall of Necropolis.
- Can be found in the lockers at the sheriff's station in Redding.
- Can be looted or bought in the Den, from Flick.
- Can be bought from the general store in Broken Hills.